Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Flashpower

Old May 29th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I am finally getting the hang of the system and all the quirks of Pathfinder and Herolab. Now I am interested in finding out where I could find a group to play with online and the best tools to use. I have all 14 of the major source books including Ultimate Campaign but nobody local to play with.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Flashpower is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 29th, 2013, 01:01 PM
This isn't normally question handled by this forum, as this falls outside of Hero Lab support, but I would suggest trying a site like Obsidian Portal to find games. You may find a local group you can join on there, or an online game or two. Here's a link to the site:

http://www.obsidianportal.com

Aside from this site, I'd say try to find more sites like this if you want to find a group. Also your local college/university may have games going on you could join if you take the time to ask around. Those are my personal suggestions.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 29th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I found my current group by going to the local comic shop and hanging about on a Saturday.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old May 30th, 2013, 07:19 AM
I have also used Pen and Paper Games website to find groups. Think that some people post on the Paizo Community message boards as well. I have also done like Aaron and found groups at my local gaming shop.
Umarian is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old May 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM
In addition to the above:

ENWorld.org has a Find a Game feature, which will allow you to register and look for other gamers in your area.

I know people who've recently found groups via Meetup.org
enrious is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
drakahn99

Old May 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM
most of the boards for the virtual table top software contain areas for players looking for online groups or gm's wanting to start up a new online game.
drakahn99 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old May 30th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Try the forums of the online VTT's like roll20.net and forums.rptools.net. Google+ also has a online community for people playing via Hangouts and various online tools.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Flashpower

Old May 31st, 2013, 09:33 AM
Thank you all for your input, I will check out all the links and options people suggested. Where I live is a bit remote and it is not easy to find a local group. I think I will stick to a virtual tabletop at this time. I also appreciate the forum operators allowing the question since it is not exactly on-topic.
Flashpower is offline   #8 Reply With Quote