Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Flashpower

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I love the HERO generator and the NPC generator, but it seems a bit unwieldy for generating encounters for my campaign and keeping track of them. If I want three Orc fighters and a shaman I have generate each individually every time or print multiples of one and then generate the next. It would seem a little complicated to me, am I missing something?
Flashpower is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:21 AM
You could create them all in one protfolio and save it as anything you like, like Encounter 1. When you get to that encounter you can just open it and everything will be there, or you can add it to an existing portfolio that you already have open in the Tacticle Console.

If this doesnt help just let me know. I think I did a video on it a while back.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Are you trying to pull creatures from the bestiary? If so, when you select the stock file, there is a counter that lets you decide how many are added.

If you are creating them from scratch, and you want multiple of the exact version you made, you can go to Portfolio -> Duplicate XXX Hero. This will give you a number of copies of the one you created. (Again you get to tell it how many copies are made.)

If you have the Orc Fighter in a portfolio you made, and the Orc Shaman in another portfolio you made, you can also open one of those portfolios up and use Portfolio -> Import Hero from Portfolio and add the second one there.

Basically, you have several options to do this under the Portfolio menu in HL.
Umarian is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Flashpower

Old April 20th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Oh, ok. That makes sense, I think I missed the option to pull creatures from the Bestiary. Every time I opened up Herolab it wanted to create a new Hero/NPC. I will check that out now.
Flashpower is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Flashpower

Old April 20th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I can't figure out how to choose the stock file or add numbers of creatures. It is still wanting me to basically build each creature up from scratch. It says what 'equipment' it has but doesn't add the armor etc.. to the monster. For over $100 I would think the program would at least do that or have a separate monster generator for DM's. There are a bunch of free ones that do that but I want to put everything into HeroLab to prepare my campaign.
Flashpower is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old April 20th, 2013, 08:16 AM
If it is a bestiary monster you can find those under Portfolio -> Import Stock Hero. You will need the Bestiary license appropriate for the book the monster is in to import most, but I think that basic orcs are a part of the Core package. (I could be wrong on that one)
Umarian is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Flashpower

Old April 20th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarian View Post
If it is a bestiary monster you can find those under Portfolio -> Import Stock Hero. You will need the Bestiary license appropriate for the book the monster is in to import most, but I think that basic orcs are a part of the Core package. (I could be wrong on that one)
No problem, I purchased all of the books except the race guide. That was one of the reasons I was a bit upset at not having easy access to the creatures. I will try to do this now.
Flashpower is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Flashpower

Old April 20th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Eureka!

Last question: I purchased all three bestiaries, but I see other monsters not available. Where is there source info located? Are they campaign specific?
Flashpower is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 20th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Please be more specific about what monsters aren't available.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 20th, 2013, 08:38 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is that there are many monsters in the various campaign setting packages that haven't been reprinted in bestiaries yet.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote