Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

HammerStrike

Old March 8th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I've taken my first stab at creating Gestalt character archetypes to support our 4 man home game. This user file includes 3 gestalt archetypes: Ninja/Monk, Druid/Monk, and Ranger/Fighter.

I'd like to share my work and solicit any comments or feedback on what I've done wrong or could do better.

Also, I am not sure how to get the Monk Vows working with the archetype. Any clues or suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: zip HMR_Gestalt_Archetypes-0.01.zip (3.7 KB, 16 views)
HammerStrike is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old March 9th, 2013, 06:55 AM
I modified this to be a Bard/Monk (Master of Many Styles)

Any ideas how I can get the Bard to ignore the prereqs for style feats chosen as the MOMS bonus feats?
Pezmerga is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
HammerStrike

Old March 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Good catch. I have no idea and I'd like to know the answer as well.

Is there a way to enable the tab for a different class in the archetype configuration? This might provide the ability to choose Monk Vows and provide the "Monk Bonus Feats" selector. I'm guessing this just isn't possible or that's how other more knowledgeable people would have done gestalt archetypes already.

Is the only solution to write eval scripts? Do I need an eval script to remove the prerequisites for the Monk style feats? Another eval script for creating the Monk Vows interface? If so, can anyone point me to where to start looking for examples?
HammerStrike is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old March 9th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Also the monk robe is calculating wrong for the archetypes. because it upgrades the damage die 3 times for non monks and you count as both it seems.
Pezmerga is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 11th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
I modified this to be a Bard/Monk (Master of Many Styles)

Any ideas how I can get the Bard to ignore the prereqs for style feats chosen as the MOMS bonus feats?
Assign Helper.BonFtNoPre to the class helper to take a classes bonus feats without regard to the pre-reqs.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerStrike View Post
Good catch. I have no idea and I'd like to know the answer as well.

Is there a way to enable the tab for a different class in the archetype configuration? This might provide the ability to choose Monk Vows and provide the "Monk Bonus Feats" selector. I'm guessing this just isn't possible or that's how other more knowledgeable people would have done gestalt archetypes already.
No, you can't have the tab for a different class show, but you can change the tab for the archetyped class so that it can access the same abilities. Monk Vows are just custom class abilities, so you can have them shown on another class by setting the cCstS2Expr field. Look at the Myrmidarch Magus archetype for an example (it's the one that runs at Final 99999999), that sets fighter weapon training up as a secondary ability for the magus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerStrike View Post
Is the only solution to write eval scripts? Do I need an eval script to remove the prerequisites for the Monk style feats? Another eval script for creating the Monk Vows interface? If so, can anyone point me to where to start looking for examples?
Scripting is required when you want to make big changes, though we try to set up the editor to make the most common ones easy.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 11th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
Also the monk robe is calculating wrong for the archetypes. because it upgrades the damage die 3 times for non monks and you count as both it seems.
Sounds like a bug, you should submit it.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
HammerStrike

Old March 15th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Assign Helper.BonFtNoPre to the class helper to take a classes bonus feats without regard to the pre-reqs.
I have this as a child node in the archetype's thing node:

Code:
<tag group="Helper" tag="BonFtNoPre" name="BonFtNoPre" abbrev="BonFtNoPre"/>
Is that not what you mean?
HammerStrike is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
HammerStrike

Old March 15th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Monk Vows are just custom class abilities, so you can have them shown on another class by setting the cCstS2Expr field.
I tried adding this eval script, but I don't see anything showing up in the Druid tab:

<eval phase="PostLevel" priority="99999999" index="7"><![CDATA[
linkage[varies].field[cCstS2Expr].text = "(SpecSource.cHelpMnk) & !Helper.Secondary & !Helper.Tertiary"
]]></eval>

I'm just starting to learn HL scripting. I am a programmer by trade and really appreciate your advice, Aaron!
HammerStrike is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 15th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Try other phase & priority combinations for the same thing.

In this case, it looks like you want to be after Final/9999999, so you're currently too early.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote