Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Delring

Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:47 AM
Works OK on Mac as well, updated install from previous.
Delring is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
relicomo

Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
For the people experiencing this crash, here's what I'd like you to try:

1) First, here's the previous version of the Pathfinder data files. If you download and import this, do you still get the crash?

http://www.wolflair.com/download/hp/...er_rollback.hl

(Close Hero Lab, download the file, then double-click to import it. When you're asked if you want to import the older game system, say "yes", and don't allow Hero Lab to download an update to it.)
Mine worked perfectly when I did this. All attempts to download 7.7 gave me a corrupt file and corrupted Pathfinder.pkg during attempt at import.
relicomo is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:13 AM
This update appears to allow the Pathfinder game system to load on my Vista system now, but my HeroLab cannot talk to the update nor license servers. As I am sending this from the computer that is having the problem, I know that my internet connection is established, HeroLab simply won't talk to your servers after running the rollback file. I'll try again in a while.
d20Maverick is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
FullMadness2012

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
The server link for updates is offline...I tried the first link to see if that will help.

My HL doesn't crash, it cannot find the server that checks for Updates...nor the access to buy Packages is not available either.
FullMadness2012 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMadness2012 View Post
The server link for updates is offline...I tried the first link to see if that will help.

My HL doesn't crash, it cannot find the server that checks for Updates...nor the access to buy Packages is not available either.
This is the case on my WinXP machine with the registered HeroLab as well. I haven't tried my Win7 system yet, will try that in a few minutes.
d20Maverick is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
FullMadness2012

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:49 AM
This was done with Windows 7...the server updater and the package buyer are simply not there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d20Maverick View Post
This is the case on my WinXP machine with the registered HeroLab as well. I haven't tried my Win7 system yet, will try that in a few minutes.
FullMadness2012 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
I just poked the licensing server, and it seems to be working fine now - try reactivating your license and/or checking updates again?
Colen is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Tintros

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Option 1 (with rolling back the PF update) seemed to work for me.
Tintros is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Nero Shade

Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Now it is telling me that a Bootstrap Thing labeled rAP51YrtBo does not exist and it cannot load up userfiles.
Nero Shade is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
For the people experiencing this crash, here's what I'd like you to try:

1) First, here's the previous version of the Pathfinder data files. If you download and import this, do you still get the crash?

http://www.wolflair.com/download/hp/...er_rollback.hl

(Close Hero Lab, download the file, then double-click to import it. When you're asked if you want to import the older game system, say "yes", and don't allow Hero Lab to download an update to it.)

2) If you still experience the crash, download and install this previous version of Hero Lab. Do you still get the crash?

http://www.wolflair.com/download/hp/...in_install.exe

Please let me know whether you still get the crash after each step above, as that'll help me figure out exactly what's going on here. I've been unable to reproduce the problem myself after multiple tests, so hopefully the links above will help get people up and running for their games at the weekend.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the inconvenience.
Using the rollback file on my Windows XP box fixed the issue for the time being? I'm wondering if it will break ythe next time I need to update though.

Thx for the quick fix.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #30 Reply With Quote