Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tielc

Old July 10th, 2015, 05:08 AM
I have a fairly simple question. Does the Rise of the Runelords data pack come with the NPCs for the various locations, specifically Sandpoint? I haven't been able to find an answer to this searching. The old community pack had this.
Tielc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 12th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Hi Tielc! The package includes any NPC with an actual statblock in Rise of the Runelords. There may be one or two from the appendix that are missing, but we're planning to add those after we return from Gen Con, and they'll appear as a free update to anyone that owns the package.
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old July 14th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Would there be any issue with adding the community NPCs that are not part of the package back up on the community repository as an add on the the published pack?
ValaraukarU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Tielc

Old July 14th, 2015, 09:13 AM
I ended up pulling the trigger and purchasing this. For those others interested in this answer, NO, the NPCs of the local town of Sandpoint are NOT included as they were with the original Community Pack that used to be available. Additionally, non of the Background information is there for the encounters as was in the original Community Pack either. I'm disappointed in this purchase considering this used to be available from the community for free (you just needed the necessary source books). That download though suspiciously doesn't seem to exist anymore since a paid offering was made available.
Tielc is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I'm afraid I'm not sure which NPCs you're talking about - looking through Rise of the Runelords, the only Sandpoint NPC I can find in the appendix is the "Sandpoint Guard", whose omission was unintended (and will be corrected after Gen Con). Can you give me more information about which NPCs you think are missing?
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Tielc

Old July 14th, 2015, 09:54 AM
The Rise of the Runlords Anniversary Edition contains at least level and alignment information in the Appendix for each NPC in Sandpoint. This helps provide a little more background into each character. When the Community Packs were still available, someone had taken the time to fill these out and created .por files for them. I was hoping the same would exist in this pack. It seems like I paid a decent amount for a lot less than was available before for free from the community.
Tielc is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Ah, so you're talking about NPCs which are listed in the book as something like:

John Smith (LE Alchemist 4)

And displayed without a full statblock?
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Tielc

Old July 14th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Yes. I have the original community pack. But it's filled with typos, and other things. I was just hoping to get a little more value is all. I'll just continue to use those for now.
Tielc is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 14th, 2015, 10:35 AM
It seems like with that little information we'd have to "fill in the blanks" for the NPCs in question, and any decisions we'd make in that regard would be essentially arbitrary. I'm not completely comfortable doing that, as it could be seen as something "official", when such an NPC should be made to your own preference or remain sufficiently nebulous that you can alter them on the fly.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old July 14th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Which makes me repeat, my question about it if is fine to post those guesswork NPCs on the community as add on content?
ValaraukarU is offline   #10 Reply With Quote