Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

alientude

Old June 14th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I'm in a campaign using gestalt rules. My character is a Cleric/Inquisitor, and I've managed to hack together a Cleric with archetype Inquisitor that works well enough (although I have to track Inquisitor spells separately). One of the other players in the game is a Fighter/Wizard. This time I'm trying to create a new class combining the features. I've really struggled at getting this to work, namely stumbling on Weapon Training and Specialized/Forbidden schools.

I thought I figured things out by finding the specific custom abilities related to each weapon group and specialized/forbidden school. I created new copies of these abilities, assigned them to my new class, and corrected the ability type (Weapon Training from primary to quaternary). It looks good, but there's a problem. Weapon Training doesn't scale. The first one selected stays at +1 to hit/damage, and all further selected are at +0. I looked through the eval scripts and I saw this one:

Phase: Render, Priority: 1000, Index: 2
call cFtrWpnSum

I'm guessing this is calling the script that ranks up the abilities, but I can't find any way to make a copy or edit cFtrWpnSum. Any ideas?

Also, the other problem I'm having is that when I go to add spells to the character's spellbook, it says none are available. I looked at the spells, and they have a checklist listing what classes they're available for. As near as I can tell, there's no actual way to edit this list for the default spells, so I would have to individually copy every single spell a Wizard is able to memorize and instead set it to my new class. If anybody knows of a better way, please tell me I'm missing something and there's a way to do this without hours upon hours of mind-numbing data entry..
alientude is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 19th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Hi, alientude! I made a Fighter/Inquisitor gestalt as an Inquisitor archetype and had the same difficulty.

Here's a link to the thread where I got some help:

Help with Fighter Weapon Training, Please.

In the end, I couldn't figure this one out. ShadowChemosh very generously wrote a script for me that seems to have done the job.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old June 20th, 2011, 02:47 PM
That script ended up not being the solution, but what it did make me do is take another look at the character and realize that he's an Archer archetype. This made it downright simple to implement. Create new archetype for Wizard, base it off the existing archetype, and create new Trick Shot quaternary abilities. That's all it took.

Thanks for prompting me to look again!
alientude is offline   #3 Reply With Quote