Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

thaX

Old January 28th, 2009, 05:22 AM
I am trying several things to complete the Battle Dancer

- Using CHA bonus toward AC (in addition to Dex)

- AC bonus every 5 levels.

- Damage chart according to level for unarmed combat (like a monk)

- Bonus Speed on three separate level.

I think the places to do this changed with the new update, and I cant find them. The only two tabs available are Class and Class Level.

Is there something that I am missing, and where do I put in the special class abilities.
thaX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old January 28th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Oh, and your web page seems to have been taken over by some sort of women's drug thingy.
thaX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 28th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Am I correct - in your editor, the only tabs showing are "Class" and "Class Level"? That's not the case on mine. I'd have to suggest re-installing HL if that's the case.

All the things you want to do are modifications of various monk "Class Special"s.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old January 28th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah.. the only thing there is stuff for Prestige classes... How do I turn it on?
thaX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 28th, 2009, 01:41 PM
The only thing to turn on for data file editing id in the "Develop" menu of HL itself - you should make sure that "enable data file debugging" (the first item in the menu) is enabled, since that gives you some tools that make it easier to figure out what went wrong with your custom creation.

That shouldn't do anything to the editor. If your editor only shows two tabs rather than the 31 mine does, that's a real problem with the program, and I suggest re-installing.

If you're talking about the source folder, if the only items there are files with names like srd_prestige_xxx.dat, that was apparently a problem with a few releases that according to Colen has been fixed. For that you should only need to re-install the d20 files.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old January 28th, 2009, 01:47 PM
AH... well, I see all the tabs, I just can do stuff in the two mentioned. When I am in the Class Special tab, there is no entry for the Battle Dancer like the other two.
thaX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old January 28th, 2009, 09:54 PM
You have to create the Special items yourself, and assign them to the clas you want using the Source pull down menu below the description text. To get an AC bonus every 5 levels I would recommend to use the following as an eval scrip for the special

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
if (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0) then
done
endif

~ Calculate our total bonus

hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDodge].value = hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDodge].value + 1

then chose the level that this effect will occur on using the Level requirement field just below the Source pull down menu. I used this code for my halfling Outrider and it worked fine. Althing is this a dodge bonus, I'm not sure what type of AC the Battle Dancer uses.

Hope it helps.
chiefweasel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old January 30th, 2009, 06:03 PM
OK.

I put this in the eval script and put it in the battle dancer class, and it doesn't work. Do I have to change something? I don't know what all this stuff means.

Hero.child? Should I put the BATTLE DANCER here?

I have no idea what I am doing here.

I still have to do the other stuff on top of this too.

There is a thing that denote a +1 to AC, but I don't know where to put it...
thaX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old January 30th, 2009, 08:34 PM
That code will add a +1 to the AC, as a dodge bonus. I used it for my halfling Outrider, which gets an AC bonus every few levels. So use the same code as a Special item, and indicate the level at which it occurs.

If you like you can pull code from the SRD file for the Dwarven Defender. The get a +1 AC every 3 levels. Thats where I got my code from, and just changed the equation to a +1 rather then a 1/3.

What book are you getting the battle dancer from and I'll take a look at it and see if I can come up with the code.
chiefweasel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old January 31st, 2009, 10:21 AM
dragon compendium.
thaX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote