Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Release 1.5 - June 26, 2011

Enhancements & Changes
  • Dragon Monster Ecologies - Favoured spawn of Kyuss. (Bodrin)
  • Blood of Dragonscar - Necropyre template. (Bodrin)
  • Carnival of Tears - Dark Ice creature template. (Bodrin)
  • Complete Psionics - Mantle powers added. (Sendric)
  • Complete Psionics - Ardent and Divine Mind classes added. (Sendric)
  • Races of the Dragon - Dragon Devotee PrC added. (IamtheEvilTwin)
  • Monster Manual - Dozens of creatures, from C to Y, where added to the data set. (Lawful_G)
Bug Fixes
  • Magic Item Compendium - The Strongarm bracers now reduce the Oversize weapon penalty correctly. (bodrin)
  • Magic Item Compendium - Specific Weapons and relic items added. (bodrin)
  • Complete Adventurer - Natural Bond feat was not capping the bonus based on the character's hit dice. (Sendric)
  • Complete Adventurer - Brutal Throw feat is fixed to apply Strength bonus to the ranged attack value of thrown weapons. (ShadowChemosh)
  • Spell Compendium - Elf domain now grants the Point Blank Shot feat and as its list of domain spells associated to the domain. (ShadowChemosh)
Data File Authoring
  • Blank .user Files - Will now be removed from the end-gamers systems. This is a new feature of HL v3.7.(ShadowChemosh)
  • New book parent (ie Source) added called Paizo - Modules. (Bodrin)
  • Work has started on looking at all the spells available from the Spell Compendium and tagging the correct sources from any duplicates found with the supplemental books. Removing the duplicated spells from the original files where necessary. (Bodrin)
  • Feat Names have been changed to remove the book abbreviation. This was done as many feats are being found that exist in multiple books. Going by information from WotC the latest release of a feat, spell or ability is to be considered the most correct. So when duplicate entries are found for a feat it will be updated from the most recent book and source marked to both books. (Sendric)
  • Included in release 1.5 is the ability to suppress and replace creature types/subtypes. See the note in the MM - Creature types Compiled file.user. (Lawful_G).
  • Data set information page now included in the data set. This .html file is stored in the d20 data folder with the name ~ Lawful_G_d20 Release Notes.htm. (ShadowChemosh)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; June 26th, 2011 at 09:11 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 19th, 2011, 11:23 AM
To-Do List

The following list is the requests I know of from the community that is wanted:
  1. Ultimate Magus PrC - Complete Mage
  2. Temple Raider of Olidammara PrC - ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
I'm still working on a fork of v1.2, and I've got to do the following before I merge:

1) Learn the "new" way things are being done as a result of LG's clean up of monsters.
2) Migrate all the random monsters I've done to this way.
3) Migrate the merge specials into v1.4 beta.
4) Finish Wild Shape monsters so people have forms of most things people want all done.
5) Clean up remaining Wild Shape feats that I don't current handle (Frozen, etc)

I'm going to do some of this by starting on LG's skeleton of monsters at Z and work toward him.
So maybe target my stuff for 1.5?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 20th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I've put 3 templates into the 1.5 folder. These were an easy set to do and I needed them for a game night.

Dragon Monster Ecologies - Favoured spawn of Kyuss
Blood of Dragonscar - Necropyre template
Carnival of Tears - Dark Ice creature template
bodrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
Ive put a custom sources.1st file in 1.5 to ensure that the sources for the two paizo publishing templates are credited correctly to the 3.5 OGL modules.
bodrin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 4th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I've started examining all the spells available from the Spell Compendium and tagging the correct sources from any duplicates found with the supplemental books. Removing the duplicated spells from the original files where necessary.

It's slow going as there are a lot of caster classes to query.
I think i've caught all the Divine Cleric spells that duplicate with Complete Arcane, Champion and Frostburn and have tagged them to the relevant sources. I've put a few modified files into the 1.5 folder.

However if anybody can find which source the 3rd lvl Blacklight spell is duplicated from i'd be grateful.
Either i'm too tired to see it or it's buried in a class, feat or other sundry file apart from the Spell compendium.

Unique id sWizBlaLig Darkness, Sorceror, Wizard from Spell Compendium
Unique id sWiz30046

Can't find the bold reference in any file!
bodrin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old April 4th, 2011, 04:32 PM
If the Unique ID is a string of numbers then it is no spell I made. It is probably something in the base HL program, maybe added as one of the pathfinder modules. I'd say do a replace with the User file version, unless there is some significant difference (such as spell level or required deity or something).
Lawful_g is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 5th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Never mind, Blacklight is Srd Deities and Demigods. Looks as though it was updated in the Spell Compendium!

Last edited by bodrin; April 5th, 2011 at 03:02 AM. Reason: corrected source book!
bodrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 5th, 2011, 06:51 AM
I'm going to try and do the Complete Psionic feats. I am also thinking I may add a "Psionic Focus" condition that can be used for feats and possibly some other things.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 8th, 2011, 02:17 AM
The Complete Arcane source has become detached from its placeholder under D&D 3.5 books.

It now just shows CompArcane.

I think it's a consequence of tagging the Spell compendium data files.
bodrin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 8th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Bodrin,

if you open up the .user file as a text file, you can see how the sources are done. In the Complete Arcane user file in 1.5 dropbox, you see the following for sources:

Code:
<usesource source="CompArcane"/>
Compare this to what I'm using in the Complete Psionic files:

Code:
<usesource source="CompPsi" parent="p35" name="Complete Psionics"/>
While working on these files, I've noticed that if you select a source in the editor, it creates a line similar to the first example above. Unfortunately, if all the sources in that file are like that, then you will see things like "CompArcane" as the source in the Configuration window. Instead, if you can use a text editor (I use ConTEXT, but there are many others) you can do a search + replace to modify the sources to look more like the second example above. In this case:

Code:
<usesource source="CompArcane" parent="p35" name="Complete Arcane"/>
In general, I would recommend doing this for all your files (after you've completed them of course) so that you can be sure something like this won't happen. I also do a search of "usesource" throughout the file to make sure I didn't miss any sources, though that's mostly because I have a tendency to miss things.

Hope that helps.
Sendric is offline   #10 Reply With Quote