Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GunbunnyFuFu

Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Good day!

My wife, who plays a Witch, wants to have a gun in our Ptolus Pathfinder game. Guns are "commonplace", so are martial weapons. As she is not familiar with them, she has to take Martial Weapon Proficiency (Firearms) to be able to wield it. However, Hero Lab flags this in red, and doesn't allow her to choose a pistol (or any firearm). Is there a way to get around this?

Last edited by GunbunnyFuFu; February 3rd, 2012 at 09:15 AM.
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
If guns are commonplace, then select that on the character configuration and the Martial Weapon Proficiency (Firearms) feat will disappear and firearms will become martial weapons. Then you should be able to just take the normal Martial Weapon Proficiency feat to pick a pistol for your witch character. Unfortunately it looks like the commonality of guns is not opening up the selection list for that feat, which is a bug I'll put on the list for fixing.

In the meantime, I'd recommend you take the Martial Weapon Proficiency feat and choose something else (like Bite or whatever), then go to the Adjust tab and click on the "Other Adjustments", choose Weapon Proficiency, and pick Pistol. That'll suffice as a workaround until I get the bug fixed.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GunbunnyFuFu

Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks Aaron!!
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote