Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mototom

Old April 13th, 2016, 09:10 PM
How do you recommend adding special abilities to weapons temporarily from class features like Sacred Weapon, Divine Bond, or the like?

Other adjustments work really well to add a weapon bonus but I can't seem to find an adjustment to add special abilities like flaming, agile, holy, etc.

Is there one? I've been just temporarily editing the weapon, but it's more of a pain than having an "other adjustment" that you can toggle on and off. Especially when you can add multiple enhancements and have a frequently changing mix of special abilities you add.

So did I miss it? Or is this not something that's implemented?
mototom is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 13th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
Other adjustments work really well to add a weapon bonus but I can't seem to find an adjustment to add special abilities like flaming, agile, holy, etc.
Some of those you can use the adjustments from the Basic Pack. It even has one lets you add extra damage of whatever you type in. Agile on the other nothing comes to mind. But you could use the editor to create one.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 13th, 2016, 09:40 PM
I usually just make spare copies of the weapons and have a few setup. Put them either in a special location or dropped to ground so they don't affect my weight. Only thing that can mess with is your assets value.
AndrewD2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old April 14th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Thanks to you both. Yes, I previously created alternate versions of the weapons. But it wasn't very flexible and all those extra weapons bugged me.

I did find the solution for agile--there is an attribute to weapon damage override adjustment. That will work.

I was hoping for something explicit, where I could, e.g., toggle flaming on and off as an adjustment, but choosing the damage type or overriding the attribute used for damage bonus will be just fine. I'll keep them ready in other adjustments and toggle them on as needed. Fast and convenient.
mototom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 14th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
toggle flaming on and off as an adjustment.
Right that is part of the Basic Pack (free community addon) I linked to above. It has almost a hundred new adjustments that do all sorts of fun things. Including adding flaming or any "extra" damage you wish.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote