Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,717

Old December 31st, 2018, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
This has been coming up now and then for a little while, but never with this many at the same time. It happens when I click to choose feats for the character.
I suspect it doesn't really have anything to do with selecting feats other than errors tend to pop up when something changes about the character. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue based on your screenshot. Can you provide the portfolio so I can see what's causing this to happen?
Sendric is offline   #801 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 50

Old December 31st, 2018, 08:14 PM
Here it is. I dug around in the editor and the fTheurSpec reference is the Theurgic Specialist feat, from the Dragon Magazine content. Possibly related to the variant classes chosen?

Haven't tracked down the other thing(s) causing errors.
Attached Files
File Type: email Vyshaan Wizard.por (38.1 KB, 1 views)
Dark_Soul is offline   #802 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,717

Old January 2nd, 2019, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
Here it is. I dug around in the editor and the fTheurSpec reference is the Theurgic Specialist feat, from the Dragon Magazine content. Possibly related to the variant classes chosen?

Haven't tracked down the other thing(s) causing errors.
Looks like you have some content from Exemplars of Evil which does not currently appear in the community set. As I'm unable to reproduce the issue I suspect the problems come from that file. Not sure why you'd be getting that error on Theurgic Specialist as the script looks ok to me. You should take a look at what it's in your Exemplars file and see if something there is causing this.
Sendric is offline   #803 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 50

Old January 2nd, 2019, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Looks like you have some content from Exemplars of Evil which does not currently appear in the community set. As I'm unable to reproduce the issue I suspect the problems come from that file. Not sure why you'd be getting that error on Theurgic Specialist as the script looks ok to me. You should take a look at what it's in your Exemplars file and see if something there is causing this.
I forgot that EoE wasn't in the community set. Here's the file, it's only that one feat. I don't see how that would be causing an error, because all it looks at is Intelligence and the Spell Mastery feat.
Attached Files
File Type: email Exemplars of Evil.user (1.3 KB, 4 views)
Dark_Soul is offline   #804 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,717

Old January 3rd, 2019, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
I forgot that EoE wasn't in the community set. Here's the file, it's only that one feat. I don't see how that would be causing an error, because all it looks at is Intelligence and the Spell Mastery feat.
Ok, sorry. Took another look, and with a little help from an anonymous tip I think we might have it fixed. I'm still not sure why I can't reproduce the errors, and because of that I can't confirm the fix. So, instead, I'll post the changes (in bold) you need to make here. Let me know if this resolves the problems:

thingid.fTheurSpec
Custom - Dragon Magazine.user
Code:
~ Loop through all classes looking for arcane casting
var result as number

foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where "(CasterSrc.Arcane | CasterSrc.Divine) & !thingid.cHelpWiz"
   if (each.field[cMagicLev].value >= 1) then
     result += 1
   endif
nexteach

validif (result >= 2)

thingid.fHinder

Custom - Dragon Magazine.user
Code:
hero.childfound[xSkirmish].field[Value].value >= 2
Sendric is offline   #805 Reply With Quote
Provos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 132

Old January 25th, 2019, 07:31 PM
Stone of Good Luck (Luckstone) is not equipable currently so the luck bonus cannot be added. The eval script for it even checks if it is equipped.
Provos is offline   #806 Reply With Quote
Dami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 554

Old January 25th, 2019, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
Stone of Good Luck (Luckstone) is not equipable currently so the luck bonus cannot be added. The eval script for it even checks if it is equipped.
Being from the DMG that shouldn't be a community item. Maybe Shadow can look at it.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #807 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,717

Old January 26th, 2019, 07:37 AM
I feel like this is something I've tried to address before. I'll take a look when I get a chance.
Sendric is offline   #808 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,717

Old January 28th, 2019, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
Stone of Good Luck (Luckstone) is not equipable currently so the luck bonus cannot be added. The eval script for it even checks if it is equipped.
The fix for this issue will be available in the next release of the community set.
Sendric is offline   #809 Reply With Quote
RoadBlock
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5

Old January 28th, 2019, 05:32 PM
Hello! I've ran into a problem while creating a basic ranger. The Favored Enemy and Wild Empathy special abilities keep repeating values in the Special Tab. There is also similar behavior in Gear when I place items into containers (Backpack, Pouch, Dropped to Ground).

These repeated values also appear in the final character sheet in Print Preview.

Is there any kind of workaround or does this sound like a bug?

Thanks!
RoadBlock is offline   #810 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.