Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 25th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
For me I have 4 people in my house that have a copy that I have bought
You maybe interested in THIS post by BJ that talks about the possibility of a Group License coming to HLO.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 25th, 2019, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
For you it might be a great value. For me I have 4 people in my house that have a copy that I have bought, Thats 4 programs, 4 starfinder cores 4 x all the addons and now They want another 100 a year to keep those 4 copies functioning.
If all 4 people are in the same house - why do you need 4 separate copies? If they really need their own copy of everything, why are YOU paying for them.
The way HLO was going to work was also known well in advance. You didn't have to buy any of the packages to play Starfinder. Plenty of people play with books and paper. If you aren't happy with the price to have a program that makes things easier for you, then simply don't pay it.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
msbranin

Old June 26th, 2019, 05:41 AM
I will refer you to the post right before yours ... the very post right before yours. you had to go by that post to post your reply it explains why using 1 program for 4 people is bad. as to why I have 4 copies in my house. I had to pay for them them because I am the parent... that may blow your mind but some of us are working parents that have family members playing.. now if I were simply just creating characters and printing them out then I guess technically I could use 1 program and build all thier characters print them out and be done... but if I was going to do that might as well build them by hand because up until recently the printed character sheets were sub par.. you know it .. I know it.. hell the dev's even admitted it and updated it ... that's not a siam to the system... that's just fact... but using 1 program between everyone is the very thing that the previous post link said was wrong. Now... like I have said several times before... I understand the dev's need to make money... and they have made about 400 off my household... I have never complained before.. when they move to the subscription system this is when I have to say no more.. I will simply put hero labs aside... one person and program.. not an issue... 4 people and 4 programs per month ... huge issue.. I wish you and the devs great success... I love the program... I simply just cant keep up with the money bleed. Who knows maybe thier group plan that they announced in Feb will be an option ( who knows? They have not mentioned it again since. ) but ... I cant imagine a scenario where they let me add my 4 already existing accounts to a group plan and I won't buy yet another new account on top of the previous 4 just to lose all I have already purchased..

Last edited by msbranin; June 26th, 2019 at 05:59 AM.
msbranin is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
lequocanh

Old July 3rd, 2019, 12:02 AM
What are the specific content packages?
lequocanh is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 3rd, 2019, 07:32 AM
We fully intend to have a party license where multiple people can make use of the GM's books, so you might want to wait for that to come out.
Lj Stephens is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 3rd, 2019, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lequocanh View Post
What are the specific content packages?
The Add-on packages for Hero Lab Online are listed here, and from the Home page you can see all the content for both Online and Classic.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
AdmiralCrunchez

Old July 31st, 2019, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
We fully intend to have a party license where multiple people can make use of the GM's books, so you might want to wait for that to come out.
We are starting a PF2 campaign soonish. Is it worth waiting?
I know, ETAs are complicated and nobody wants to make promises that are likely to be broken...
But are we talking
  • 1-2 months
  • <1/2 year
  • <1 year
  • >1 year ?

Alternatively: Could I get a basic PF2-License now and somehow convert that into being a partymember-license later?
AdmiralCrunchez is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
AdmiralCrunchez

Old August 1st, 2019, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Any info on the time frame? I unsertand that this might be nearly impossible to answer. But maybe an inofficial "guess": Is it more likely to come in the next months or will it be a year or more?

Thanks
(Sorry if I already asked this. I thought I submitted this several hours ago in this thread but I am unable to find it)
AdmiralCrunchez is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Alewis

Old August 1st, 2019, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Great, so the whole group can be screwed when the servers are down. Like now.
Alewis is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
avagdu

Old August 1st, 2019, 11:23 PM
Quote:
What if it’s not to use a GM’s books, but to share the books with a family? I would love for the entire family to be able to log in and create or update their characters simultaneously, since serially takes forever. That and the offline support are the two biggest things I’m waiting for. I have 5 licenses for HLC, and all 5 are being used; I want to be able to have 4 logins so my family can play using the “app” like they do for PF1.

The fact that this feature that seems to be highly requested is apparently not a high priority seems off to me. HLO has been out for almost 2 years now… we gotta get the low hanging fruit, folks.
avagdu is offline   #30 Reply With Quote