Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

McQ

Old July 29th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Blew off the dust on my Hero Lab program to start doing some lite gaming. Got right into the groove of things, built a few creatures of CR 1 or less, but hit a wall that frustrates my perfectionist nature; Small Fiendish Vipers.

Just adding the Special "Fiendish" (xGraftFien) seemed to not give correct Ability scores and other problems. To start, I just opened a Copy of the Fiendish Dire Rate, and a copy of the Small Viper, and worked through giving my new creature the Fiendish abilities.

Hit a snag with Smite Good, however. I found three Smite Goods in the Specials tab; Smite Good A (xFieSmite) has checked in Show Specials/Charges Lists with description "Adds your HD to your damage roll (maximum +20) when used against a good foe." This Special Ability does little but the description.

Next is Smite Good B (xFieSmite2) doesn't have Shoe Specials/Charge Lists checked and has description "Adds your HD to your damage roll (maximum +20) when used against a good foe." However...it also has some Eval Scripts:

Phase: First Priority: 100
perform hero.assign[User.Smite]
perform hero.assign[User.SmiteGood]

hero.child[xSmiteGood].field[hTotal].value += 1

Phase:Final Phase Priority:9900
var dam as number
dam = minimum(herofield[tHitDice].value, 20)

hero.child[xSmiteGood].field[Value].value = maximum(hero.child[xSmiteGood].field[Value].value, dam)

Next, it contains a Bootstrap of Smite Good C (xSmiteGood), this is what has the Show Charges/Specials List boxes ticked and contains this Eval Scripting...

Phase:Final Phase Priority:10500
call CalcValue

field[xSumm].text = "" & field[hTotal].value & "/day, smite good foe for +" & hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value & " to hit and +" & field[Value].value & " dam."

So..I tried using a combination of the two Eval Scripted "Smite Goods," and in the case of the xSmiteGood I deleted part of the eval scripting
"& hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value & " to hit and +" "

Got to the end of this..and didn't seem to work at all. I'd like to make a Smite Evil that takes into account the amount of damage based on number of Hit Dice. What of this scripting should I keep or toss to make a fresh Smite Good I can use later for other Fiendish creatures?
McQ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 29th, 2012, 01:40 AM
In the same table as the classes, scroll down until you find the templates. The fiendish template should be among them.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old July 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the reply

Template did the trick, though it should be noted the used Smite Good seems to describe a different version from some class, and not the Monster Manual version.

Have a follow up question:
Adding a Stock Undead of a Human Zombie Warrior works perfectly, however, when adding a Human Zombie Commoner, an error is displayed that it requires inputting Hit Points, spending skill points, and seemingly is unfinished. Is there a reason for this?

Edit: Sorry, turns out the "Human Zombie Warrior" was in fact "Human Skeleton Warrior." I suppose Zombies just present a unique problem to the program, hence the errors. It seems the program wants me to still pick a Feat, and although 13 HP are placed in the box, the program is not recognizing it and not showing any 0/0 HP.

Last edited by McQ; July 30th, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
McQ is offline   #3 Reply With Quote