Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thorax

Old March 20th, 2011, 04:17 PM
From what I've researched, this probably isn't possible. But I'm trying to recreate this homebrew feat:

http://wiki.memphisgamers.com/index....=Feat:_Prodigy

I can't find any way to control the calculation for skill rank maximums. I worry that it's hard-coded in d20 rules. Is there any example of increasing this for specific skills?

-thorax
thorax is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 20th, 2011, 04:54 PM
The Helper.SklErRanks tag is added when too many skill ranks are applied. I think you could do this with a little work.

Make the feat, and bootstrap to it 6 unique invisible specials (one for each stat, so that multiple selections of the feat stack). On the feat have an early script detect which stat is selected and add 1 to the appropriate bootstrapped special.

On the bootstrapped specials have scripts that detect if they have a non 0 value, then do a foreach through each of the skills linked to their attribute (look at circlet of persuasion to see an example of detecting linkage in skills).

Inside the foreach, check if the skill is a class skill or not, and then compare it accordingly with the hero's Hit dice. If it is within "normal appropriate" ranks and "normal appropriate ranks + Value field of this special", then delete the Helper.SklErRanks. Otherwise do not. This step is likely to be finicky as to phase and timing, so you may have to experiment with when it should be run.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote