Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ErinRigh

Old September 7th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Let me see if I can puzzle this one out

Computer A has Database A (master.realm)

Computer B has Database B (master.realm)

It sounds like you are saying you update Computer A and then it gives you the database too new error on Computer B? Is that so?

If so, what kbs666 is asking is, how is database A on computer A (master.realm), that you updated, getting from Computer A to computer B to replace the master.realm there and give you the error?
ErinRigh is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Grgbobe

Old September 10th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_redbeard View Post
I have Realm Works on my desktop and my laptop. So every time I upgrade, I upgrade one install at a time. So when I next logon to the other machine, I get this message:

So then I have to remember to go find the Realm Works Download page. It would be a small improvement to put a reminder and the link with this error message.

I'm having this exact same issue. I normally do all of the work on my desktop in my office and then run the game from my laptop in the game room. I don't share DBs, I always sync. When I tried to sync this weekend, I got the exact same message.

Are you saying this is caused by upgrading one machine and then doing work on your campaign on that machine before upgrading your laptop?

If I read your original post correctly, re-installing Realm Works resolves it?

Thanks,

Greg
Grgbobe is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 11th, 2017, 02:53 AM
The fix is updating to the latest version of RW on all machines.

The thing that's confusing me is that the error message is indicating that a database version is ahead of the installed version of RW. I'm assuming it's the local database version, because normally when the server is ahead of your installed version of RW and a newer version is required to sync you get a different message on startup and you aren't allowed to sync until you update. (You can still work locally.)

There aren't many ways the local database could be getting ahead of the local version of the software. Copying the database file manually, uninstalling RW and installing an older version, and database corruption are some ways. Of them the only one I'd expect people to do is copy the database, but both of you have said you're not doing that. Thus confusion. :(

Last edited by Parody; September 11th, 2017 at 02:58 AM.
Parody is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
the_redbeard

Old September 16th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbobe View Post
I'm having this exact same issue. I normally do all of the work on my desktop in my office and then run the game from my laptop in the game room. I don't share DBs, I always sync. When I tried to sync this weekend, I got the exact same message.

Are you saying this is caused by upgrading one machine and then doing work on your campaign on that machine before upgrading your laptop?

If I read your original post correctly, re-installing Realm Works resolves it?

Thanks,

Greg
Yes, you have to reinstall because the current installation closes down so it can't just be upgraded.
the_redbeard is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
the_redbeard

Old September 16th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
The fix is updating to the latest version of RW on all machines.

The thing that's confusing me is that the error message is indicating that a database version is ahead of the installed version of RW. I'm assuming it's the local database version, because normally when the server is ahead of your installed version of RW and a newer version is required to sync you get a different message on startup and you aren't allowed to sync until you update. (You can still work locally.)

There aren't many ways the local database could be getting ahead of the local version of the software. Copying the database file manually, uninstalling RW and installing an older version, and database corruption are some ways. Of them the only one I'd expect people to do is copy the database, but both of you have said you're not doing that. Thus confusion. :(
I can't replicate this anymore, and I haven't tried this while offline. I suspect that the RW program gets in touch with the Lone Wolf servers, and that a tag is sent that the out of date program would have some incompatibility with the Lone Wolf version of the database, which would prevent it from being able to access the LW version of the database, or sync to upgrade the local.
the_redbeard is offline   #25 Reply With Quote