Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Vargr

Old January 13th, 2017, 12:09 AM
@MNBlockHead:

For that purpose (editing the topics for a map) would it work for you if you had the map in the left pane and when you clicked a pin in the map, it would appear in the middle pane?

I do that and it works well (but a dedocking ability would be nice all the same).

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Hexographer, LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old January 13th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Yes, that's what I do. But it eats into screen real estate. Fine on game day but when editing would be nice to have on separate screens.

Another use-case, is when the party splits. You may want to have a tab open for each. Toggling is not a big deal, but it would be nice to have in separate windows. Even with out multiple screens, ALT+TAB is quicker for me than clicking on a tab using the mouse cursor.

Again, VERY low on the totem pole of priorities for me. It would be nice to have, but I'm prepping and playing just fine as is.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 14th, 2017, 04:14 AM
@MNBlockHead:

I agree - floating docks would be wonderful.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Hexographer, LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 14th, 2017, 07:20 AM
yep +1 here
Bidmaron is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 14th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Even with out multiple screens, ALT+TAB is quicker for me than clicking on a tab using the mouse cursor.
Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab switch between tabs like they would switch windows in an MDI application. They don't cycle in RW (they probably should) but it's something.

As for new windows, I agree with "useful but very low priority".

Last edited by Parody; January 14th, 2017 at 08:16 AM.
Parody is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old January 14th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Remember that the Navigation pane is actually part of the tab's contents.. so "un-docking" a tab would need to take the Navigation pane with it. Also, the Contents pane (right side) is part of the tab's contents, too .. so that would have to come along as well. Further, some of the buttons in the ribbon affect the "current tab" (especially the editing controls), so that would have to be included.

In short, an "un-docked tab" would be an entire separate Realm Works window, much like current versions of Word and Excel are no longer "MDI" applications (multiple documents in one window) but are stand-alone windows that each have their own Task Bar buttons.

Realm Works looks a lot like a File Explorer window, and even acts somewhat like it .. but there are some key differences.
Silveras is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 14th, 2017, 12:18 PM
You don't need all that stuff. The reason to do this is you want something in its own window likely with max real estate (think world map). At least that is what I would want
Bidmaron is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 14th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Remember that the Navigation pane is actually part of the tab's contents.. so "un-docking" a tab would need to take the Navigation pane with it. Also, the Contents pane (right side) is part of the tab's contents, too .. so that would have to come along as well. Further, some of the buttons in the ribbon affect the "current tab" (especially the editing controls), so that would have to be included.

In short, an "un-docked tab" would be an entire separate Realm Works window, much like current versions of Word and Excel are no longer "MDI" applications (multiple documents in one window) but are stand-alone windows that each have their own Task Bar buttons.

Realm Works looks a lot like a File Explorer window, and even acts somewhat like it .. but there are some key differences.
Multiple windows definitely but the capability must exist in RW already. I use it all the time when I use player view on a second monitor.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is online now   #18 Reply With Quote
Gen

Old August 30th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Just giving my +1 to this thread.
The ability to use RW in multiple monitors (while not as high a priority as, let's say, calendars) is definitely something that would make the program a lot more friendly, in my opinion.
Gen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old August 31st, 2017, 04:40 AM
+1

The one thing I'd love to de-dock and leave open as a seperate window are the session notes! I can either make note or interact with my realm. To take a quick note about a NPC I just made up, I need to open the window, type and close it again. ALT+TAB would be a lot better.
Merion is offline   #20 Reply With Quote