Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

jkthomsen9

Old January 1st, 2015, 11:55 AM
As my realm gets bigger and bigger I find that I am wanting to read one tab as I am editing another. How much work is it to add the ability to turn a tab into a new window and back. I understand this would be low priority as I do not see much use when the realm if finished but a lot of use when entering the data. For instance the ability to have a town as a separate window as you enter locations and individuals to fill the town. This would be more efficient than switching back and forth on tabs.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old January 1st, 2015, 12:25 PM
Since I'm entering data from published modules I wouldn't see much value during data entry. I would, however, see a lot of value during the game.

Having one window open for the adventure itself while a second window is used for rules, table, and other reference material would be helpful (especially if there was a way to say "while a separate window is open to the Mechanics section, all single-clicks on Mechanics in the open tab in that window").

This is admittedly most useful at home (where I can allocate two monitors for my own use) but it could still be useful with one monitor showing two windows side-by-side.
pyremius is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old January 1st, 2015, 08:25 PM
I've used multiple monitors for years and would find this to be helpful. I kind of expect it with newer software since so many programs with tab-based GUIs alllow you to undock the tabs. But, overall, this is quite low on my list of priorities. It is a nice-to-have, but I can live happily without it.
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old January 2nd, 2015, 10:25 AM
It would be fantastic to see something like the Eclipse IDE's views & perspectives.

But like MNBlockHead, I can live without it.
lifer4700 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 12th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I've used multiple monitors for years and would find this to be helpful. I kind of expect it with newer software since so many programs with tab-based GUIs alllow you to undock the tabs. But, overall, this is quite low on my list of priorities. It is a nice-to-have, but I can live happily without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer4700 View Post
It would be fantastic to see something like the Eclipse IDE's views & perspectives.

But like MNBlockHead, I can live without it.
+1 and Agreed, nice to have but not in my top 10
Dark Lord Galen is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Tablewood

Old January 4th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Our gaming group thinks that placing a tab into a seperate window is actually of great value. I have been playing as a GM with two screens, one for me knowing and managing GM stuff, and one for the players with player view.

My problem is that when I want to reveal a part of a map to the players, I drag the entire program window to my primary screen, leave the player's view, reveal the map content, enter player's view again and then drag the entire window back to the second player's screen and do a quick resizing.
I have tried to get around this by buying a player's license for myself so I could place a players's instance on the player's screen. As it seems, the player's edition does not support a GM edition on the same computer and hence I am stuck with my problem.

Any comments or helpful links are highly appreciated for I have not found a solution yet.

Edit: The problem is solved as there is a button for projecting the player's content on another screen. I have always overseen this. Having an improved tab control would still be useful. Thanks!

Last edited by Tablewood; January 6th, 2017 at 10:08 AM.
Tablewood is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old January 12th, 2017, 04:36 AM
+1

Beeing able to see more than one tab would be helpful to me in all phases of realm work use, but things like the custom calendars would be higher on my personal priority list.

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 12th, 2017, 06:20 AM
+1 here
Bidmaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 12th, 2017, 06:24 AM
+1

Alas, I fear that the present platform does not support this and thus RW would have to be substantially changed.

Mind you, I have no insight into how RW is build up.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Hexographer, LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old January 12th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Another advantage of the Web view would be the ability to open items in multiple browser tabs than can be undocked and moved to multiple screen. While it is still not a high priority for me, I would certainly use the feature if added. Most useful would be to open a map on one screen and edit the various associated pin topics on another screen. I find I'm frequently having to toggle between map and a topic I'm editing. My players' party gets around. :-)

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #10 Reply With Quote