Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Version 2.10 of the Shadowrun files is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

This update adds the second phase (of four) of the Runner's Companion release - Drakes, HMHVV infected, and Sapient Critters for all those who own the Runner's Companion package.

For all users, this update adds support for critters. You can see the list of critter races to choose from by changing the character type on the configure hero form (the form you see when you create a new character). Instead of "Type: Hero (PC)", choose "Type: Critter/Spirit". All of the critters from the core rulebook are available, and those with the Augmentation package now have access to the biodrone cyberware and sample biodrones from Augmentation. Biodrones can either be created as critters on their own, or they can be purchased by another character, through the new "Critters & Biodrones" table on the Vehicle tab.

Another addition for all our users - we've added the contacts from Runner's Toolkit. They're available both as new contacts on the Social tab, or as ready-to-use NPCs, through the "Import Stock Hero" option on the Portfolio menu. Thank you very much to one of our users, Bryan Wallbridge, for doing the data entry on all those NPCs.

Here's the complete change list for this update, copied from the FAQ:

Special Thanks
  • Thanks to Bryan Wallbridge for entering all the contacts from the Runner's Toolkit into a portfolio.
Enhancements & Changes
  • Added the Drakes, HMMV Infected and Sapient Critter sections of Runner's Companion.
  • Critters are now supported, and all of the Critters from the Core Rulebook, pgs. 299-304 have been added.
  • Added the Biodrone cyberware and biodrones from Augmentation.
  • The Possession Vessels (Street Magic, pg 87) have been added. Zombie is a racial modificiation that can be added to a character, and the Homunculi and Wicker Man are gear - purchase that item for (or move it to) the spirit to have the spirit possess it.
  • Added the contacts from Runner's Toolkit - they're available as new contacts on the Social tab, and available as NPCs to import, through the Import Stock Hero option on the Character menu.
Bug Fixes
  • Many of the Foci from Street Magic did not have the option to be bound.
  • The Dermal Sheath wasn't functioning properly as an armor augmentation.
  • When using the Allow Custom Armor optional rules, natural and augmentation armor was being counted towards the total of un-customized armor.
  • Several Weapons were listed as having Minigun Full Auto, instead of normal Full Auto.
  • The Way qualities, if they found Improved Ability to be one of the powers they should discount, would not apply that discount to Improved Ability (Combat), only to Improved Ability (Non-Combat).
  • The underbarrel shotgun for the Nitama Optimum had an ammo capacity of 10(c) instead of 5(m).
  • The Predjudiced quality was adding BP, rather than subtracting it.
  • Weapons with High-Velocity or Minigun Full-Auto were displaying the damage and defense penalties of regular full auto.
  • The counterspelling focus was not properly detecting the presence of the couterspelling skill under some circumstances.
Data File Authoring
  • Added a Race, Critter tab to the editor.
  • Added a Critter Purchase tab to the editor.
  • Added a Racial Mods tab to the editor.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:35 PM
Awesome, one step closer to me starting up a new SR Missions group - for which I will be flat out declaring "all PCs will be built and tracked using HeroLab software." Mostly waiting on Shifters and Unwired.
_Pax_ is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hmm, where are the shapeshifters being put?
CeaDawg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
I don't think they're implemented yet.

I'd expect them, Free spirits, and AI to come all at once, later in the month.
_Pax_ is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:38 PM
Yes, we expect to release those later this month. You can find some additional info in our monthly newsletter.
John is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
Any idea when we'll see paragons and the like? I've a techno that's two thirds finished cos she's a technoshaman with a paragon.
Canis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
The newsletter link that John gave also has the estimated timeframe for Unwired - also sometime this month
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Nebulus

Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
THANKYOU!!!

Critters! and more! it's great!
Nebulus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
lacrimas

Old May 30th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Soo....I looked at the newsletter that was linked to, but there actually wasn't any more information on shape-shifters than you gave us in the thread. It's now the end of the month and still no shape-shifters. Could you maybe give us another estimate if it's been sidelined or postponed? I have a character I need to build that I can't without that update...
lacrimas is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old May 30th, 2012, 01:18 PM
We may have that update tonight:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm afraid we ran into some technical difficulties while trying to get the update built. I estimate that the release is likely to be finished around the end of the workday (Pacific time zone) on Wednesday. (Estimate subject to modification if there are any further roadblocks).

Since I wasn't gated on more development work, I'm almost finished with Shapeshifters, so they'll now be in the next release, rather than two releases from now.
_Pax_ is offline   #10 Reply With Quote