Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old March 3rd, 2018, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
I have a source of XML with content I wanted to import. I used my very basic introductory level skills in XSLT to make the CSV to import. My biggest snag was some of the text contained the delimiter (comma). So I enclosed every text field with quotes. But then some of the text also included quotes which messed up the import. For example, the Mind Flayer innate spell charm gives example commands enclosed in double quotes and with comma's. Some web searching quickly found a way for me to add some XSLT to change the double quotes to single quotes which fixed the problem.

So I don't require any changes. However, you did ask about work-arounds, soooo.... an option to delimit by tabs...or something else, might have helped with this.
Changing delimiter might be possible.

You can go back to double quote by using two double quotes together within the CSV file.

e.g.

Special rate "1.79"

becomes

"Special rate ""1.79"""

(nicked from https://gpdb.docs.pivotal.io/43180/a...ted-files.html)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #191 Reply With Quote
cas206

Old March 4th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
You can go back to double quote by using two double quotes together within the CSV file.
Tested. It works.
cas206 is offline   #192 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 4th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Farling, I noticed that when I import into the realm the new data, each import is displayed as "Test Import".

Is there a way to populate the fields with different information, so the outcome is similar to import from previously exported full/partial realm data?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CSV_Import_result.JPG (58.5 KB, 2 views)

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #193 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 4th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Version 1.22 has just been released.

You can now enter the name of the RW Import.
The name of the generated file will also default to the entered RW Import name.
The installer has been changed to NSIS which is easier to configure than QTIF.

Sorry Valyar, I forgot about this particular annoyance. I should have implemented this a lot earlier in the tool's life.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #194 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 4th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
Tested. It works.
Yes, I checked the code after you posted this, and we do indeed handle "" inside a "-quoted field :-)

Farling

Farling is offline   #195 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 4th, 2018, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Version 1.22 has just been released.

You can now enter the name of the RW Import.
The name of the generated file will also default to the entered RW Import name.
The installer has been changed to NSIS which is easier to configure than QTIF.

Sorry Valyar, I forgot about this particular annoyance. I should have implemented this a lot earlier in the tool's life.
Without having tried the latest version yet, a suggestion on this matter (might be irrelevant if it is implemented like that already ):
  • When RW exports a file, there is meta data about the realm - name, version and etc. The tool reads this data and transfers it to the import file later (can be an option in the GUI or manual inputs for those fields)?

The end result will look like i have exported my own realm to import into it again or something custom.

Valyar is offline   #196 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 4th, 2018, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
Without having tried the latest version yet, a suggestion on this matter (might be irrelevant if it is implemented like that already ):
  • When RW exports a file, there is meta data about the realm - name, version and etc. The tool reads this data and transfers it to the import file later (can be an option in the GUI or manual inputs for those fields)?

The end result will look like i have exported my own realm to import into it again or something custom.
The new text field populates the title of the import, so that is what will appear in the "Imports" window within RW. I have considered adding an additional panel where the other metadata fields can also be set, but that is lower priority than getting the Imports window to show a different name for each import :-)

Farling

Farling is offline   #197 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 5th, 2018, 12:04 AM
Fabulous Looking forward for my next bulk import when time comes!

Until then I am enjoying your RW Output tool... which lately is used quite a lot for player that are reluctant to buy RW.

Valyar is offline   #198 Reply With Quote
Arg-ha

Old March 15th, 2018, 01:56 PM
getting this error upon import with the latest version:

The following errors were encountered during import:

Encountered validation error for the import XML: The element 'topic' in namespace 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export' has invalid child element 'overlay' in namespace 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export'. List of possible elements expected: 'alias, section' in namespace 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export'.
Arg-ha is offline   #199 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 16th, 2018, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arg-ha View Post
getting this error upon import with the latest version:

The following errors were encountered during import:

Encountered validation error for the import XML: The element 'topic' in namespace 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export' has invalid child element 'overlay' in namespace 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export'. List of possible elements expected: 'alias, section' in namespace 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export'.
Overlay seems to indicate that an overlay is being imported, but nothing in the tool is supposed to produce this particular element in the import file.

Could you provide a copy of the generated file for me to look at?

If you are familiar with XML, then just the topic containing an "<overlay>" element would be enough.

Farling

Farling is offline   #200 Reply With Quote