Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 12th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I think the point of limits is fair so far, they won't come into play much, but a hacker with cheap gear and poor operating system can only do so much regardless of skill. Think about a hacker trying to break into a government black ops server with a pre-pentium 286 processor and 4 Megabytes of RAM to work with and a dial up modem. Will that hacker get far? Skill can only do so much if the equipment your working with is shoddy or outdated. The logic behind limits is justifiable, but they won't come into play on every dice pool. Only certain ones. Now the accuracy of a weapon limiting the number of Hits will be something I take under careful consideration. As use of firearms is partial skill and luck at times. You can be a great shooter but sometimes you need luck to get the shot off you are looking for.

I'm willing to give 5 a fair read before saying anything like I will stick to the old edition. From what I have read, 5 isn't too much different from 4 and the products from 4 should be usable still. I plan on changing anything I don't like in the rules. I try to keep an open mind with game editions as they appear. So far I like the way Shadowrun has evolved over the years, the system has gotten better and more enjoyable. And we don't need a bucket full of six sided dice anymore... Which is nice.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Peter Smith

Old July 12th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorneldrich View Post
I remember when FASA started thinking like that. You don't see FASA around anymore do you? You'd think folks would learn from history but no, most are doomed to repeat it.
Wow, really? You're going to stick the downfall of FASA on releasing new versions of their products? You don't like the concept of the limit system? That's fine. All I ask is you come up with legitimate arguements rather than trying to connect two completely unconnected events. You end up coming across as extremely ignorant.
Peter Smith is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 12th, 2013, 11:39 PM
FASA's fall was not directly related to just Shadowrun, and the priority system you criticized 5 for is in 4 as well.... Your GM can use that method, so you've successfully invalidated your own argument. FASA closed down in 2001 not because Shadowrun was doing poorly, but because the company owners were burned out. One of them wanted to retire completely and little faith in the gaming industry as a whole. Time proved him wrong, but its his loss. He missed out on the dividends he could have made. In fact when FASA closed its doors back in the day they were not even hurting financially... I suggest doing some research before criticizing people. You can Criticize Tom for MySpace turning to crap after he sold it all you want, but he is 950 million dollars richer from that sale, so why should he care? Same deal with the two guys that started fasa with $350 starting funds in 1980...

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 12th, 2013, 11:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FASA

In fact, here's a link with some starting information for you.

RavenX is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mad Hamish

Old July 13th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Was discussing SR instead of Hero Lab

Last edited by Mad Hamish; July 14th, 2013 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Removed as off topic for the board
Mad Hamish is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mad Hamish

Old July 13th, 2013, 02:55 AM

Last edited by Mad Hamish; July 14th, 2013 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Removed as off topic for the board
Mad Hamish is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mad Hamish

Old July 13th, 2013, 03:08 AM

Last edited by Mad Hamish; July 14th, 2013 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Removed as off topic for the board
Mad Hamish is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old July 13th, 2013, 06:01 AM
*applauds Mad Hamish*

Matt Droz Community material (Forgotten Realms & Non-SRD/Retro)
Matt Droz is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old July 13th, 2013, 08:18 AM
That and you peoples posts are too damn long to read, you have to remember some of us older gents just don't have the ... See, I was about to do it too.

I've started reading 5th ed, and still on stories/background on page 30, how far before I get to rolling my character!!!

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 13th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Boomer,

Yes some posts are too long to read, I provided my input on it. I'm sure the hardback of this book will be made available at GenCon. Based on the August release date I've seen mentioned.

RavenX is offline   #20 Reply With Quote