Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

bludragn

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:41 PM
ok had a chance to mess with the counterspelling issue for foci's bought

i created a brand new char spent the point...DID NOT choose counterspelling to begin with, locked the character. spent karm to pick up the new skill counterspelling. When i went to gear to purchase a counterspelling foci, the foci is still greyed out and the red text (You will not be able to use this focus unless you are trained in the skill) is still there. still lets me purchase and bind the focus. I tested it with banishing, summoning, binding, also do the same thing. i picked each skill up for those from the advancement tab as purchasing a new skill. the text is the same for all of them and all the foci associated with those skills are greyed out. can still purchase and bind them and they count toward the total foci bound. just seems to be a issue that it isnt recongizing the skill when purchased as new.

I tested it with a char already having the skills then locked it and it works fine.
bludragn is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 30th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludragn View Post
ok had a chance to mess with the counterspelling issue for foci's bought

i created a brand new char spent the point...DID NOT choose counterspelling to begin with, locked the character. spent karm to pick up the new skill counterspelling. When i went to gear to purchase a counterspelling foci, the foci is still greyed out and the red text (You will not be able to use this focus unless you are trained in the skill) is still there. still lets me purchase and bind the focus. I tested it with banishing, summoning, binding, also do the same thing. i picked each skill up for those from the advancement tab as purchasing a new skill. the text is the same for all of them and all the foci associated with those skills are greyed out. can still purchase and bind them and they count toward the total foci bound. just seems to be a issue that it isnt recongizing the skill when purchased as new.

I tested it with a char already having the skills then locked it and it works fine.
Thank you for following up on this. It turned out to be requiring counterspelling 3+, and not counterspelling 1+ - it wasn't actually a function of how it was added, like I thought it was. I've gotten this fixed for the next update.
Mathias is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 30th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
Weapon Mounts are a [Standard] modification, and threfore should not be allowed on a Minidrone or a Microdrone. Doing so should produce a Validation Error. Several other vehicle modifications are correctly tagged as "not available for microdrones or minidrones.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
bludragn

Old April 30th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Thank you for following up on this. It turned out to be requiring counterspelling 3+, and not counterspelling 1+ - it wasn't actually a function of how it was added, like I thought it was. I've gotten this fixed for the next update.

fixed for the other magic skills to? banishing summoning etc? :-)
bludragn is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 30th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludragn View Post
fixed for the other magic skills to? banishing summoning etc? :-)
It was a general bug - all skills at rating 1-2 weren't properly reporting their presence for other things to look up.
Mathias is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM
The Qualities that can count as metagenetic are still not.

Metagenetic races (such as the Dryad) still get goofed up when you add additional metagenetic qualities.
cryptoknight is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 1st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
You could read it that way... except of course the part of the book where it said that if you're a metavariant you can choose powers. Which is why I suggested getting clarification from Catalyst.
And Catalyst released an updated Runner's companion and the wording is still the same in there, even though they corrected Karma build issues. Metavariants are Metagenetic and should be able to take Metagenetic qualities without Changeling. Doing so makes little sense as Changeling is a better choice, but it should still be an option.
cryptoknight is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Wilgar

Old May 9th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Hello. I am new to these boards, so apologize if this is not the correct place for this.

It seems to me that the spell "Clean Element" from Street Magic gives incorrect options. It seems like it should be Clean Air, Clean Water, Clean Earth and the like, but the drop down list contains the combat elements instead, stuff like Clean Fire, and Clean Blast. Is this an error?
Wilgar is offline   #88 Reply With Quote