Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategon View Post
Like the title said, we need a new Hero Lab 5e subforum.
Working on it.
liz is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Huzzah! A brand new 5th Edition SRD forum. Enjoy!
liz is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 15th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Yea!!!!

Any word on the data-set, got my $$ ready!
Frodie is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2016, 06:06 PM
We have answers to many of your burning questions: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54717.
liz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
CNYGamer

Old January 16th, 2016, 06:27 AM
I currently own Hero Lab with a few different game licenses. I have never used Hero Lab for iPad. I plan on paying $20 to add the D&D 5e license as soon as it is released on January 29.

I see that Hero Lab for iPad is a free app on the app store. Does that mean I won't have to pay any additional money beyond that $20 in order to get full functionality for D&D 5e on Hero Lab for the iPad?
CNYGamer is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old January 16th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYGamer View Post
I see that Hero Lab for iPad is a free app on the app store. Does that mean I won't have to pay any additional money beyond that $20 in order to get full functionality for D&D 5e on Hero Lab for the iPad?
Unfortunately, no. Downloading the app is free, and gives you access to it in demo mode, so you can try before you buy. To gain full functionality, including the possibility of saving characters, you have to buy it (29.95 for the fully functional app including 1 game system of your choice). The 20$ fee is for extra game systems over and above the first one.
Lord Magus is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYGamer View Post
I currently own Hero Lab with a few different game licenses. I have never used Hero Lab for iPad. I plan on paying $20 to add the D&D 5e license as soon as it is released on January 29.

I want to clarify @Lord Magus response.

The answer is: it depends. To use Hero Lab on the iPad, you'll need a separate license number. If you're currently using Hero Lab on one device, you can use your free secondary license number to get the iPad up and running. If you're already using both license numbers, you may need to purchase a third license number for $10. You can have up to five license numbers.

I hope that answers your question!
liz is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
CNYGamer

Old January 16th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
I want to clarify @Lord Magus response.

The answer is: it depends. To use Hero Lab on the iPad, you'll need a separate license number. If you're currently using Hero Lab on one device, you can use your free secondary license number to get the iPad up and running. If you're already using both license numbers, you may need to purchase a third license number for $10. You can have up to five license numbers.

I hope that answers your question!
Thank you, Liz. Currently I have four licenses: one for my desktop, one for my laptop, one for my S.O.'s desktop, and one for a computer that is no longer functioning. From the sounds of it, if I want to get Hero Lab running with full functionality on my iPad and my S.O.'s iPad, I can re-task the license from our computer that is no longer functioning, and buy a fifth license. Is that correct?

Last edited by CNYGamer; January 16th, 2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typo
CNYGamer is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 16th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Never mind.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 16th, 2016 at 11:40 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 16th, 2016, 11:36 AM
ShadowChemosh, from the stickied thread: "Oh, and for those of you with tablets, D&D 5th Edition support WILL be available on the iPad!"
Mathias is offline   #20 Reply With Quote