Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

RampagingHoardes

Old August 25th, 2014, 06:33 PM
I had a total power loss at my house right in the middle of running realm works and now when I try to save after editing a topic I am getting the attached error message.

I backed up the database this morning and synched before starting but I don't want to lose everything I did today. Am I screwed?

Wasn't sure if I should report a bug as I am not certain it is one.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (139.6 KB, 19 views)
RampagingHoardes is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old August 25th, 2014, 06:53 PM
IS this an Apache Lucene index file? If so should I just rebuild the index? Not sure if I should do that yet as I absolutely do not want to lose any data if that is possible and you may want to do something else.

Will be in and out tomorrow until the evening I will try and check back tonight and when I get up tomorrow. After that It may be late afternoon.
RampagingHoardes is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 25th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Your data should be fine. That error indicates the full-text search index got corrupted when the power went out. After loading your realm, switch to the Manage ribbon bar at the top. Then click on the Rebuild Index button in the ribbon bar. Once the index is rebuilt, you should be good to go.

You might consider investing in an Uninterruptible Power Supply (or UPS). They are a life-saver when the power goes out. You at least get a few minutes to save everything and power off properly. No data gets lost, and you also don't have to worry about the potential implications on the hardware that certain types of power issues can trigger (e.g. brown-outs and fluctuations just before an outage occurs).
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 25th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Yep. We use Lucene.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old August 25th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Your data should be fine. That error indicates the full-text search index got corrupted when the power went out. After loading your realm, switch to the Manage ribbon bar at the top. Then click on the Rebuild Index button in the ribbon bar. Once the index is rebuilt, you should be good to go.

You might consider investing in an Uninterruptible Power Supply (or UPS). They are a life-saver when the power goes out. You at least get a few minutes to save everything and power off properly. No data gets lost, and you also don't have to worry about the potential implications on the hardware that certain types of power issues can trigger (e.g. brown-outs and fluctuations just before an outage occurs).
Thanks for replying this late Rob that was really great of you. Will look into an uninterrupted supply as soon as I can swing it. Will let you know if I have any further probs.

thanks again
RampagingHoardes is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old August 25th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Yay that did it !!

thank you !
RampagingHoardes is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 25th, 2014, 07:06 PM
I've got UPSes hooked up to my main computer and our house file server; both are connected to their computer and the computer is set to safely power down after a short amount of time on battery. Well worth their cost for your desktops and towers.

Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old August 28th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Another voice in support of UPS in case of power outages. Got both PCs and a NAS drive hooked to one, and the peace of mind knowing that a power failure won't cause data loss is well worth the price.
Chemlak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old August 28th, 2014, 09:43 AM
same here.... and the nce thing about most of them is that most of them can also safely shutdown the computer if you're like me and leave your computer up all the time, so even if the power outage happens when you are away, everything will be fine.
mirtos is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old August 28th, 2014, 07:38 PM
+10 to ups
The first time you have to rework a file you have spent hours, days or weeks working on you will either thank yourself or kick yourself depending on the decision to buy vs not.
:-)
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote