Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,718

Old September 2nd, 2003, 12:45 PM
At 06:11 PM 8/29/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Every time I try to run the L5R Proxy Printer output extension I
>always get "Incorrect Number of Command-Line Parameters".
>
>Am I forgetting to do something? I didn't have to configure anything,
>or so I thought. I have a printer installed and ready. My deck is
>complete and complies with All Validation Rules..
>
>What am I missing?

This kind of error could be caused if you're trying to use the L5R files
with Card Vault 1.1... did you upgrade to version 1.2?


--
Colen McAlister (colen@wolflair.com)
Lone Wolf Development www.wolflair.com



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LId...sNAA/WuQolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
pyros at wizard.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Old September 2nd, 2003, 04:44 PM
>This kind of error could be caused if you're trying to use the L5R
>files
>with Card Vault 1.1... did you upgrade to version 1.2?

Sure am!

I hadn't even managed to get the product until Early August, which is
a few months after 1.2 was released I think..

-Luke


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LId...sNAA/WuQolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
  #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,718

Old September 2nd, 2003, 05:06 PM
At 05:48 PM 9/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >This kind of error could be caused if you're trying to use the L5R
> >files
> >with Card Vault 1.1... did you upgrade to version 1.2?
>
>Sure am!
>
>I hadn't even managed to get the product until Early August, which is
>a few months after 1.2 was released I think..

Yeah, 1.2 was released just before Origins (late June), I think.

Try reimporting the latest L5R files and see if the problem still occurs.
If it does, we'll have to get more technical.

Thanks,


--
Colen McAlister (colen@wolflair.com)
Lone Wolf Development www.wolflair.com



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LId...sNAA/WuQolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
pyros at wizard.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Old September 2nd, 2003, 08:15 PM
>Yeah, 1.2 was released just before Origins (late June), I think.
>
>Try reimporting the latest L5R files and see if the problem still
>occurs.
>If it does, we'll have to get more technical.

Well.. Just in case, I went to the Update Manager, redownloaded the
update, and reimported the v51 file.

Same error.

I've even tried it out on a few decks.. No dice.

So where from here?

-Luke


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LId...sNAA/WuQolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
  #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,718

Old September 2nd, 2003, 08:29 PM
At 09:16 PM 9/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >Yeah, 1.2 was released just before Origins (late June), I think.
> >
> >Try reimporting the latest L5R files and see if the problem still
> >occurs.
> >If it does, we'll have to get more technical.
>
>Well.. Just in case, I went to the Update Manager, redownloaded the
>update, and reimported the v51 file.
>
>Same error.
>
>I've even tried it out on a few decks.. No dice.
>
>So where from here?

Look in the CardVault\data\L5R directory. Find the l5rproxy.ext file and
load it into notepad (or a similar text editor). Please paste the contents
into a reply to this email. (It should be a very short file, only 3-4 lines).

Also, right-click on the file and choose Properties. Is the 'read only' box
checked on the dialog that appears?

Thanks,


--
Colen McAlister (colen@wolflair.com)
Lone Wolf Development www.wolflair.com



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LId...sNAA/WuQolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
pyros at wizard.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Old September 2nd, 2003, 10:12 PM
>Look in the CardVault\data\L5R directory. Find the l5rproxy.ext file
>and
>load it into notepad (or a similar text editor). Please paste the
>contents
>into a reply to this email. (It should be a very short file, only 3-
>4 lines).

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<document signature="Card Vault Extension">
<custom name="Proxy Card Printer" type="deck" exename="cvproxy.exe"
location="root" game="yes" params="l5rproxy.prx 675 970 60 25
portrait"/>
</document>

>Also, right-click on the file and choose Properties. Is the 'read
>only' box
>checked on the dialog that appears?

No, the file is not readonly.

-Luke


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LId...sNAA/WuQolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
  #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,718

Old September 2nd, 2003, 10:21 PM
At 11:15 PM 9/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >Look in the CardVault\data\L5R directory. Find the l5rproxy.ext file
> >and
> >load it into notepad (or a similar text editor). Please paste the
> >contents
> >into a reply to this email. (It should be a very short file, only 3-
> >4 lines).
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><document signature="Card Vault Extension">
><custom name="Proxy Card Printer" type="deck" exename="cvproxy.exe"
>location="root" game="yes" params="l5rproxy.prx 675 970 60 25
>portrait"/>
></document>
>
> >Also, right-click on the file and choose Properties. Is the 'read
> >only' box
> >checked on the dialog that appears?
>
>No, the file is not readonly.

OK, that scuppers my previous train of thought (I'd thought you were using
an old version of the file with the wrong parameters...)

In which directory do you have Card Vault installed? If there are spaces or
weird characters in the name, it's possible that that's messing things up,
although it shouldn't be.


--
Colen McAlister (colen@wolflair.com)
Lone Wolf Development www.wolflair.com



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LId...sNAA/WuQolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
pyros at wizard.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Old September 2nd, 2003, 10:27 PM
>OK, that scuppers my previous train of thought (I'd thought you were
>using
>an old version of the file with the wrong parameters...)
>
>In which directory do you have Card Vault installed? If there are
>spaces or
>weird characters in the name, it's possible that that's messing
>things up,
>although it shouldn't be.

Default Directory.

C:\Program Files\CardVault\


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LId...sNAA/WuQolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
  #8 Reply With Quote
pyros at wizard.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Old September 2nd, 2003, 10:35 PM
>In which directory do you have Card Vault installed? If there are
>spaces or
>weird characters in the name, it's possible that that's messing
>things up,
>although it shouldn't be.

Colen,

That was it.

I copied the Program directory along with all subdirectories to my
root.. (C:\CardVault\)

Ran the extension.. Worked fine.

Note that it worked fine on both Decks with Spaces in the Filename
and without spaces..

If I insert a space between "Card" and "Vault" in the directory name,
though, the extension ceases functioning.

Thanks!

-Luke


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LId...sNAA/WuQolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
  #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,718

Old September 2nd, 2003, 11:02 PM
At 11:37 PM 9/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >In which directory do you have Card Vault installed? If there are
> >spaces or
> >weird characters in the name, it's possible that that's messing
> >things up,
> >although it shouldn't be.
>
>Colen,
>
>That was it.
>
>I copied the Program directory along with all subdirectories to my
>root.. (C:\CardVault\)
>
>Ran the extension.. Worked fine.
>
>Note that it worked fine on both Decks with Spaces in the Filename
>and without spaces..
>
>If I insert a space between "Card" and "Vault" in the directory name,
>though, the extension ceases functioning.
>
>Thanks!

That's weird, then... Card Vault passes several paths as parameters to the
custom extension, but it encloses them all in double quotes so they're
treated as single parameters.

Sounds like a bug. Thanks for your help in finding it... we'll see that
it gets fixed in a later version of Card Vault. Until then, your fix looks
like a good idea.

Thanks,


--
Colen McAlister (colen@wolflair.com)
Lone Wolf Development www.wolflair.com



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LId...sNAA/WuQolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Printer Output KaitlynStuart Hero Lab Discussion 2 July 24th, 2008 06:17 AM
Update through Proxy tempest Army Builder 5 July 24th, 2006 10:45 PM
Printer Output peuriexdeus at yahoo.com Army Builder 2 May 20th, 2005 10:34 AM
[Offlist] L5R Proxy Printer Colen Card Vault 2 September 3rd, 2003 07:15 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.