Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Shindoku

Old December 12th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Is there any way I would be able to remove duplicate spells that appear on the select prepared spells screen? An entry is added for spells obtained through your own spellbook, but another entry is added for ones obtained from found spellbooks. A friend and I have been playing around with it and have found no such way ourselves, so far. I'm less concerned if a spell shows up multiple times throughout all of his spellbooks, just that he has the spell in at least one of them. It just becomes a bit annoying going through a bloated spell list to pick spells for the day, seeing something like six "detect magic". The only thing I can think of is removing the spell from the other spell books if he has it already, but that messes with the value of the book. If I'm missing something, or there is a work around please let me know! (An image is attached as I'm not sure how well I explained what I mean)

Shindoku is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 12th, 2017, 03:21 PM
The problem here is - what happens if you find a new spellbook, that happens to have duplicates of some spells you already know, along with some you don't - shouldn't the user have the option to list all the spells in that spellbook - both the duplicates and new spells?

And what if your character wants to build a backup spellbook, to store in a safe location - that means you're setting out to duplicate most of the spells that are already in one or more of your spellbooks.

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to allow those options, but also accommodate the convenience of users who are just adding some new spells to their book, but have to wade through the duplicates to find the ones they want.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shindoku

Old December 12th, 2017, 03:49 PM
I figured that would be the case, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the quick reply!
Shindoku is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old December 12th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Shouldn't the list of spells that are available to prepare just be a list of all spells that are in any spellbook that the character has? I'm not sure I understand why it can't avoid displaying duplicates.

When you're picking spells to prepare, is there a difference between the detect magic in book A, and the detect magic in book B? Is the preparation list displaying some sort of difference?

The list of spells to prepare, and the list of spells in each given spellbook are separate selection lists, aren't they? If a spellbook has a duplicate spell from another spellbook, that should be handled separately than the list of spells available to prepare, right? So when the prepare-able spell list is being generated, couldn't it filter out duplicates of the same spell?
Kiirnodel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote