Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

doomsmythe

Old March 6th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Okay, I just bought the authoring kit and such. I want to know if I can add to existing games, like add Werewolf to WOD or Revenloft to D20. Where in the documentaion can I find this if I am just missing it. If it can't be done, that would be good to know also.
doomsmythe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 6th, 2009, 10:11 AM
It depends on the level of complexity you want to add. Adding Werewolf to WoD probably isn't possible - you'd need access to the definition and structural files, and for the paid game systems, the raw files aren't available, only compiled versions. For something less fundamental than adding new game mecahnics, like adding most everything I can remember being in the Ravenloft books I've seen, the authoring kit isn't needed, just the editor. Look through the d20 forums (at the bottom of the forum is the option to extend the range of posts you're viewing beyond 1 month), and you'll find some relevant posts. I seem to remember some threads about adding Forgotten Realms a year or so ago - do a search for threads including forgotten realms and you'll see how people approached adding that material.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
doomsmythe

Old March 6th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Thanx for the reply, I may just have to do the other games from scratch and then wait for HL to be updated for more WOD stuff. I'll also search on Forgotten Realms stuff too.
doomsmythe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote