Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Closed Thread

Sendric

Old June 28th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I also wanted to share a "new" help page I added also in this release. From inside of the editor you can go to "Help->Help on using the Editor". Then on the web page that is displayed look at the bottom for "Procedures". This new page only has three things but it will grow. This lists all the procedures in HL that you can use a "call" on and what the script looks like under the covers.

So in example if you wanted to see the script for the new "AmuletFist" procedure added in v5.2 you can see exactly what/how it works. My hope is this makes procedures more viewable by editors and more useful.

I will do my best to keep this new help page and macro page up to date.
Definitely very useful. Is there a place that shows all the tags that can be used too?
Sendric is offline   #11
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 28th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Definitely very useful. Is there a place that shows all the tags that can be used too?
Nope but that would make a good addition. I will add that to the "to-do" list.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12
mirtos

Old June 29th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Thats quite awesome... there more documentation we have for the editor, the better
mirtos is offline   #13
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 29th, 2014, 07:20 PM
I will try to put together of a "to-do" list of things I've found that have been bugs for a while. May be a few weeks, as I'm in the middle of a move, which means I'm stuck in this area for another year (at least). Sigh. Still dreaming of a move to Cali... some day, some day.
Kendall-DM is offline   #14
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old July 7th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Did something change with the recent file release regarding the Vampire template. Mine is now broken and I don't know why. I have a recurring villain in my campaign that I was planning on using next gaming session and it appears to have a shortage of skill points and an extra language now? Any changes like that?
Kendall-DM is offline   #15
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old July 7th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Did something change with the recent file release regarding the Vampire template. Mine is now broken and I don't know why. I have a recurring villain in my campaign that I was planning on using next gaming session and it appears to have a shortage of skill points and an extra language now? Any changes like that?
Nevermind, figured it out. Some change I was making some time ago regarding inherited templates and Int bonuses. I was applying the aNormMod so that inherited templates didn't get retroactive skill points, languages, etc. Same as when a character boosts an attribute.

All's well.
Kendall-DM is offline   #16
Sendric

Old July 7th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Nevermind, figured it out. Some change I was making some time ago regarding inherited templates and Int bonuses. I was applying the aNormMod so that inherited templates didn't get retroactive skill points, languages, etc. Same as when a character boosts an attribute.

All's well.
I like when problem's sort themselves out. For the record, I think the template did change a little, but only for the purposes of type and subtype. I know I did that for the Ghost Template as well as one other undead template. May have been the vampire.
Sendric is offline   #17
Sendric

Old July 23rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
I see that there is a Hero.SpontArc tag applied to the hero when a taken class is an Arcane, Spontaneous caster. There is no equivalent for their Divine counterparts. It's not a big deal, but would it be difficult to add such a tag (like Hero.SpontDiv)?
Sendric is offline   #18
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I see that there is a Hero.SpontArc tag applied to the hero when a taken class is an Arcane, Spontaneous caster. There is no equivalent for their Divine counterparts. It's not a big deal, but would it be difficult to add such a tag (like Hero.SpontDiv)?
I will take a look for the next release... It "should" be pretty easy to do. My guess is that because no "Spontaneous Divine" caster existed in PHB no one thought to add it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19
mirtos

Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:51 PM
Makes sense. The first spontaneous divine caster in d20 came in "Complete Divine" i think...
mirtos is offline   #20
Closed Thread