Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeks4truth View Post
Do you think that the Advanced Player's Guide will be considered an add-on when it is converted to Hero Lab?
We have no idea at this point. The reason is simply that we don't know what will be included in the APG, so we can't make a concrete assessment. My best guess is that the APG will include lots of new stuff that will entail lots of work on our part to add into the data files. We have to defray the cost of that work, so it's probable that we'll treat the APG as an add-on package. If so, the cost would depend on the complexity (i.e. work) involved. However, the APG add-on will be useful to everyone - not just GMs - so we can spread that cost over more users and ideally keep the price lower than we can for an add-on like the Bestiary. That's the hope, at least. We'll know more once we actually see the APG, and we don't know when that will be at this point.
rob is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
alot of abilities that I maybe could copy and edit now I cant
One trick you can use is to create a copy of a creature in the Editor and also create a new creature in the Editor. You can then bounce back and forth between them to systematically copy the pertinent details across.

If you want, you can open two copies of Hero Lab. Then open the Editor in each and put the windows side-by-side. Copy the creature in one and create a new creature in the other. Then you can use the technique above without having to switch between them.

Hope this helps...
rob is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks Ill have to give it a try
Virtue is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old May 4th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Got it today,Great Job! Thank yall so much! Helps a lot!
Frodie is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Knucklehead

Old May 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Only one question: I have a license for my desktop and one for my laptop. How does downloading and re-registering work with two keys?
Knucklehead is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 4th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
Only one question: I have a license for my desktop and one for my laptop. How does downloading and re-registering work with two keys?
If you buy the Bestiary package (which I assume you're referring to, since this is the Bestiary thread), you'll be able to use it on both your licensed computers - it'll become available on each one as you download the new Pathfinder update.

Hopefully this answers your question - if not, can you explain exactly what you mean by "downloading and re-registering"?
Colen is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Knucklehead

Old May 4th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hopefully this answers your question - if not, can you explain exactly what you mean by "downloading and re-registering"?
It does, I meant "downloading the bestiary" and "re-activating the key" as instructed. Worked fine on my desktop, but wasn't sure since there's a unique key assigned to the laptop that there would be any fuss.
Knucklehead is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
sputang

Old May 4th, 2010, 05:29 PM
How can you use Herolab to make and run encounters? Up to this point, I've only used it to make single PC characters.

Last edited by sputang; May 4th, 2010 at 05:33 PM.
sputang is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old May 4th, 2010, 05:36 PM
The Tactical Console is what you want to look for, under View on the menu at the top. Or just press Ctrl-T.

You can then import characters or monsters from other saved portfolios.
huntercc is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Tenkgard

Old May 4th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Is it just me, or did the wolf and tiger races get removed in the basic pathfinder module for animal companions and hirelings which could double as mounts? Did these and possible other animals get moved to the bestiary pack? I don't think that's fair since these basic animals are in the core rule book.

Edit. Ahh I see whats going on. I need to rebuild my character profile since its not reading my old profile correctly probably due to versioning. a PITA but still workable.

Last edited by Tenkgard; May 4th, 2010 at 10:01 PM.
Tenkgard is offline   #30 Reply With Quote