Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

LiamChgo

Old September 1st, 2017, 06:19 PM
I was attempting to give a character some Arrows +2 for the game I am currently running. Under the "Gear" tab, where I can find the basic arrows, there is no option for any with pluses. Under the "Weapons" tab, there are options for "Ammunition +1", "Ammunition +2", and "Ammumition +3".
I choose the +2 option, and I'm asked to pick the base item (Arrows) and to assign a custom name to it (Arrow +2). It then is added to my weapon list, but in red. When I click on the ! that appears in the upper right corner, I get the message that I need to "click on the edit button and assign a weapon to use for this item", yet when I click on the edit the only options I get are for the base item and for the name.
LiamChgo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 4th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I don't like the way they did that either. My workaround has been to go into the editor and copy the Gear "Arrows" and make my own Arrows +1 that get tracked like arrows normally do.

This means I have to remember to adjust attack/damage manually or use another workaround by giving my bow an attack and damage adjustment on the adjustment tabs.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gladiator66

Old May 31st, 2018, 05:09 PM
I just discovered something interesting in regard to this issue. When the PC with the magic ammunition is saved and then reloaded, the validation error disappears.

Playing since the J. Eric Holmes original Basic set in 1977.
Gladiator66 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote