Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Please Note! We have begun encountering a sporadic server issue that will result in some users being unable to retrieve updates and/or activate licenses. We're actively working to rectify the problem and hope to have it resolved in a matter of hours. We'll let everyone know when we have the problem resolved.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone's patience as we get this sorted out!
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Foundry

Old January 24th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Oh ok - so THATS is the issue... I was about to write a long-winded "please help" posting... *sits patiently*
Foundry is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Everything should now be up and running properly again. Please yell if there are still problems you're encountering.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
GMTroll

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:09 AM
I had this problem the other day. Got the newsletter today and noticed there was an update for HL. After a couple of attempts I managed to update HL but cannot reactivate my license or get updates for the game engines. I get this message everytime I try:

Quote:
An unexpected error occurred during the processing of your license. This often occurs when the internet connection is not properly established or the LWD Technology server is not currently reachable. Please re-check your internet connection and attempt to access your license again in a little while. If the problem persists for an extended period, please contact LWD Technology at support@wolflair.com for further assistance.
Also when HL is checking for updates it is just appears to be hanging. If I click on the find updates button I get this message:

Quote:
The latest updates for Hero Lab could not be retrieved. Please verify that your internet connection is active and try fetching updates again. If the problem persists, click here to visit our web site and check for a solution:

Click to visit our Tech Support Site

Unexpected response:
<html><body><h1> HTTP/1.1 New Session Failed</h1></body></html>
I have checked my internet connection is live and has a good speed and not experiencing issues with other internet services. Other than updating HL 4.1a there have not been any other changes to my setup.
GMTroll is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:17 AM
I'm having the same problem and my internet connection is live also but can't seem to check for updates and get the same error.
jbearwillis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Alarian

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:28 AM
I'm having the same problem. I had to get a new motherboard and cpu in my computer and had to reactivate. I was able to get my license activated after a couple of tries, but I cant get past the checking for updates. It just hangs and sits there forever.

Update: About an hour and 15 minutes later, it finally allowed me to check for updates and I'm downloading them as I type. Hopefully all is well now.

Last edited by Alarian; February 1st, 2013 at 07:48 AM.
Alarian is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
The Great Rinaldo

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:15 AM
Not sure if my issue is related to this, or to the latest update, but I cannot reactivate my license. I'm afraid to run the update on my other devices now, for fear of borking them right before I go play this evening. Has anyone else had this happen?
The Great Rinaldo is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM
Everything seems to be working fine right now - is anyone still getting any errors reactivating licenses or checking updates?

The Great Rinaldo, send us an email at support@wolflair.com with your license details and we'll do our best to get you back up and running.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 1st, 2013, 12:55 PM
No everything seems to be working now, Thanks Colen.
jbearwillis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
The Great Rinaldo

Old February 1st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Everything seems to be working fine right now - is anyone still getting any errors reactivating licenses or checking updates?

The Great Rinaldo, send us an email at support@wolflair.com with your license details and we'll do our best to get you back up and running.
I have a "reassign request" from your website in, should I email support as well? I was hoping the reassign would get done today, but so far no response.
The Great Rinaldo is offline   #10 Reply With Quote