Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Minous

Old March 20th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I too, wish we had some more powerful search stuff, but alas that's more than I am qualified to do.
Couldnt you use the same logic to populate the spellbook that you use to populate the class spell list (using a drop down menu in the spellbook itself to determine which class to pull from)? That would then enable the standardize the searching in class spell lists.
Minous is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 20th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Couldnt you use the same logic to populate the spellbook that you use to populate the class spell list (using a drop down menu in the spellbook itself to determine which class to pull from)? That would then enable the standardize the searching in class spell lists.
No, that's not what that selector is for. People already get confused by it enough without me tacking another function on it. Sorry man.
Aaron is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 20th, 2017, 03:01 PM
If I wanted to do hat in the editor is that something do able?
Minous is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 20th, 2017, 08:38 PM
You wouldn't be able to use the selector. You could create a version of the gear item which overwrites the candidate expression to use a set class, if you wanted. For example, you could make a "prayer book (cleric)".

I think that would be as simple as adding a Target tag for the class you want it to point at. If that won't work, you'd need to go into the gizmo with an eval script, find the SpBkClsHlp pick, and override the abItemExpr field (which I believe is set at Render 10000).
Aaron is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 17th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
You wouldn't be able to use the selector. You could create a version of the gear item which overwrites the candidate expression to use a set class, if you wanted. For example, you could make a "prayer book (cleric)".

I think that would be as simple as adding a Target tag for the class you want it to point at. If that won't work, you'd need to go into the gizmo with an eval script, find the SpBkClsHlp pick, and override the abItemExpr field (which I believe is set at Render 10000).
Not trying to seem dense here, but I am working with a custom spell book trying to do this and am lost.
Minous is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 17th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Not trying to seem dense here, but I am working with a custom spell book trying to do this and am lost.
What do you want, and what have you tried?
Aaron is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 17th, 2017, 10:14 AM
I have attached the user file I am working with, I am trying to get the spell bok to list only clerical spells, and to not have them greyed out when trying to add them to the spell book. From your previous post it sounds like it should be fairly straight forward process but I guess I am not familiar enough with the editor to grasp how to do that.
Attached Files
File Type: email csb.user (709 Bytes, 3 views)
Minous is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 17th, 2017, 12:12 PM
I'll take a look at this sometime this evening.
Aaron is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 18th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Alright, sorry it slipped to this morning.

So turns out it was a little more complex than I was remembering (surprise surprise). In order for the Target tag to be automatically used, there also needs to be a Helper.StartBook tag present, but you can't just have that tag be defined as part of the thing because Starting Books aren't available to be purchased. So you need to add that tag in a script, that way you can still buy the book but all the background component scripts get activated.

First 500
Code:
      perform assign[Helper.StartBook]
Now, the other part is getting the ability to print out the contents of your spellbook on characters who aren't normally spellbook casters. To handle that, add the following script (copied from the Prayer Book)

Final 10000
Code:
      perform hero.assign[Hero.Spellbook]

foreach pick in gizmo from BaseSpell
        perform eachpick.assign[Spellbook.PrayerBook]
        nexteach
Aaron is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 18th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Hope that helps, don't hesitate to shout if you have more issues!
Aaron is offline   #30 Reply With Quote