Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

mfkologlu

Old March 1st, 2017, 09:52 AM
Hello there!

I wanted to print my character and I noticed that my feat/ability descriptions are trimmed and not fully written. Is it intended?

Thanks!
mfkologlu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 1st, 2017, 03:38 PM
Yes, It saves space and is not meant to be a replacement for gamebooks
ErinRigh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 1st, 2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkologlu View Post
Hello there!

I wanted to print my character and I noticed that my feat/ability descriptions are trimmed and not fully written. Is it intended?

Thanks!
Is it just printing the summary? Most feats should have their entire description unless the text is very long.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mfkologlu

Old March 2nd, 2017, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Is it just printing the summary? Most feats should have their entire description unless the text is very long.
No it really cuts the descriptions.

It's really sad. I wanted to be able to reference my abilities. That's why I ticked the option to include descriptions. It's still somewhat useful but disappointing really. I would have been happier if I could at least play my character without having to check the rules. DnD 3.5 forces a lot of rules checking already you know during gameplay.

Couldn't they make another option so people can get it if they want to? Shouldn't really be much of a problem with their expertise.
mfkologlu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 2nd, 2017, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkologlu View Post
No it really cuts the descriptions.

It's really sad. I wanted to be able to reference my abilities. That's why I ticked the option to include descriptions. It's still somewhat useful but disappointing really. I would have been happier if I could at least play my character without having to check the rules. DnD 3.5 forces a lot of rules checking already you know during gameplay.

Couldn't they make another option so people can get it if they want to? Shouldn't really be much of a problem with their expertise.
There's an internal character limit in HL that prevents very long descriptions from getting completely printed. The same is true of the journal entries. At one point I remember the developers saying it was something they wanted to address, but I haven't kept on top of it.

That said, it should only be a few abilities that are getting cut off I think. One thing you could consider is adding some journal entries with the additional information you need.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 7th, 2017, 08:37 AM
I was planning on fixing this the same was as Pathfinder. In that game system another sheet is provided that can print 100% of all "special abilities" text. Yes it means you have to print out an extra sheet but it would have all the text.

Best I can do for now.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote