Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PatJe

Old October 29th, 2013, 03:17 AM
We don't know, how the fees for cloud service will be. But maybe - after the release - it could be nice to have two cloud services: One to share content via a kind of marketplace, and one to share it just with your players and to sync it on your computers.

But this discussions should wait until we have more information on pricing and services.
PatJe is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
broodhunter2

Old October 31st, 2013, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyremius View Post
I'm not particularly interested in sharing information outside of my gaming group as I don't have the creativity to develop very much that others would be interested in - but I am interested in the flip side of receiving content from those more creative then I.

My primary interest, however, is in the ways they are planning to use the cloud capabilities for my gaming group: accessing the data from any device, anywhere for review or creation (waiting for a dentist's appointment), and sharing selected information with my players (especially once they complete per-character sharing and multiple characters per player).
Ok, well here is a question, if your running an adventure or using material from a given game source, how can you import maps, stats, or basically anything on to your files (which are maintained/held by LW) when they are copyrighted to another company? Can you? Must you get said company's permission (Hah!) or will you need a calvin clone type version of the information to upload?
broodhunter2 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 1st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodhunter2 View Post
Ok, well here is a question, if your running an adventure or using material from a given game source, how can you import maps, stats, or basically anything on to your files (which are maintained/held by LW) when they are copyrighted to another company? Can you? Must you get said company's permission (Hah!) or will you need a calvin clone type version of the information to upload?
Similar to using a print adventure that you purchased by a publisher, as long as you are using it for personal purposes (IE - your game session), you can put it into Realm Works. If you share it with the wider gaming community or attempt to sell it, then you could be at risk for licensing issues.

Hopefully your desired adventure will be sold by the publisher within Realm Works and it won't be an issue at all!
liz is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
Just to clarify Liz's comment above, you CAN reveal material to the members of your gaming group through the course of play, just like you would with print/PDF material. That's the intended use of the material when it's sold by the publisher. However, you CANNOT just share an entire adventure with someone else. Again, just like would be the case with print/PDF material.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #24 Reply With Quote