Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dark Lord Galen

Old September 6th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
What?!?!

No company would choose its priorities by using the results of a broad survey rather than the dedicated users in their forums.

That's absurd!
Lol.. now that's funny!

New Survey Coming "Soon"

And of Course this will occur right after the Content Market......

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 6th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
What?!?!

No company would choose its priorities by using the results of a broad survey rather than the dedicated users in their forums.

That's absurd!
Sure they would, if they are trying to build their customer base? Why are more gamers not buying the product? A broad survey would better help answer that than one targeting existing users, especially only those who bother to frequent the forums.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 7th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
2. I'll ask BJ about getting this cross-posted in some manner, but it's now late Friday (even later for her), so that probably won't happen until next week.
Well, OK. Maybe the week after that. Here we go...
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 10th, 2018, 02:58 AM
The Kickstarter update is posted! Thanks, BJ.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 10th, 2018, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
The Kickstarter update is posted!
I was just coming here to say that!

I now have the keys to the Kickstarter! Muahahahaha! *tries not to crash the “car”*

My apologies for it being the very last possible moment of still being last week. In his excitement to have it done, Rob was a little optimistic about my available time the past week and while he was absolutely correct that I had a post outlined, it was six months old and needed to be discussed and adjusted to fit the current situation.

Last edited by BJ; September 10th, 2018 at 05:17 AM.
BJ is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old September 10th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Something similar for non-backers?

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 10th, 2018, 10:23 AM
I'm not entirely sure there's much there that hasn't already been said in various places here. We are currently still on track to hit our internal deadline for launching the Content Market at the end of September. Hopefully, our luck holds! The post talks briefly about Rob's health and the October 2017- June 2018 wait on the API issues. And of course, offers apologies for past management. It also details the bulk of material having already been delivered and confirms the few items left that backers will be receiving in the future, including new books such as Creature Components for PF1 & 5E that we’re giving to backers on us. We did make the below announcement regarding The Blight that may interest non-KS backers who hoped to see it or future projects beyond Razor Coast in our stores.

Quote:
After numerous delays of its own, The Blight transformed dramatically from our original understanding of the product. This was compounded by the fact that, prior to its release, we chose to stop working with Frog God Games. Consequently, we will not be offering The Blight through Realm Works. Instead, we will be issuing backers of these levels their choice of Pathfinder store content of equal value once the Content Market is launched. If you’re wondering what you might be able to replace it with, we highly recommend Curse of The Crimson Throne, The Emerald Spire Super Dungeon, or Rise of the Runelords, all of which should be available at launch.
I will be putting RW news in the upcoming Newsletter relaunch. It's very difficult to keep up with the posts here with all the other demands on my time. So even when I do stop in once a month and update the Content Market thread there are those who miss it and feel understandably neglected. Unfortunately, poor Rone can't answer many of the RW questions himself, so it still falls on me to at the very least give him the answers and make sure they're exactly as they should be.

That being said, if you have a specific question I can check in later today or tomorrow morning and answer if I can. Please be gentle. Half the reason I don't do AMA's is that I'm terrified I'll get mobbed by calendar supporters with torches and pitchforks. Kidding! I love our calendar crew!
BJ is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old September 10th, 2018, 10:41 AM
And we love you, too, BJ!

Also (very tongue-in-cheek) any news on when calendars will be due their UI revision and be implemented? I need a date to put in my... oh.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 10th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Seeing communication go out everywhere. Realm Works Facebook Page, Hero Lab Online Favebook Page, Twitter, Kickstarter, Forums.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old September 10th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Using the phrase from an old show, "Oh Roooob." I just wanted to give you a big hug while reading your update. Several years ago I had monthly visits with the ER and it took the doctors a year to figure out it was my gallbladder. By the time they figured it out it was in bad condition and I had to be opened up to remove it. That was followed by a bad infection that resulted in the staples being removed and the wound being open so it could heal from the inside out and the dressing changed three times a day. My recovery was a lot shorter than yours but I understand where you're coming from. Please PLEASE take the time you need to recover fully. Like everyone, I've done my share of grumbling and grousing but for me, in the end, I love what RW is able to do now and will wait for the rest for as long as it takes. If I make it to Gen Con next year you will get a big hug from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydevil43 View Post
I have been following the playtest quite closely even though our group has decided to stay on PF1.
<snip>
We worked out that if we played every AP at our current rate, will be all long and turned to dust or at least senility has kicked in, and we can play them over again, before we have played them all (about 30 years at last count)...
The group I play in figured out the same thing. The guys have a list of APs they still want to do before changing the system/version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I've run RotRL several times and I cannot imagine it taking less than a year to complete unless you go for marathon 8 or 10-hour game sessions. The same goes for all the AP's I'm familiar enough with to run, Skull and Shackles, Jade Regent, Wrath of the Righteous and Giantslayer, which I'm guessing means they all are about the same length.
We typically play a 9-hour session and it still takes us a while to finish, partly because the 9-hours also includes chit chatting that includes everything from politics to what happened on the way to work the other day.

BJ, thank you for the update and all that you do.

Hugs to everyone at LWD. Now get back to work.
ruhar is offline   #50 Reply With Quote