Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

sixteenbiticon

Old May 14th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Once you get an error message HL goes into Safe Mode so loading a character will not work.

The above error was caused by a clash between the 3PP Pack and Pathfinder v11.2. You need to download the latest 3PP Pack v1.9 and the above error will be fixed.

Whenever you upgrade Pathfinder make sure you always grab the latest Community Packs also.
Awesome, that fixed it. Thanks and sorry for not doing my proper research before posting my issue.
sixteenbiticon is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 14th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixteenbiticon View Post
Awesome, that fixed it. Thanks and sorry for not doing my proper research before posting my issue.
No issues. Glad its working!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
HardMaple72

Old May 14th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardMaple72 View Post
Thanx for the Gestalt tool.

I have a level 4 Monk (Zen Archer)/Druid (Wolf Shaman). I'm getting a Validation Error saying "Still Mind (Ex): Replaced by more than one Variant Class" even though I only have Zen Archer under Monk.

Thanx
Scratch that. Its not a Gestalt issue, its a Zen Archer issue.
HardMaple72 is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
Anderlorn

Old May 15th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Is there an adjustment that can be made to allow (3) classes in the Gestalt when normally there are only (2). I had GM recruiting for Triple Gestalt and another one that was Quadruple for An All Out War with the Dragon Hoard campaign.
Anderlorn is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 15th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderlorn View Post
Is there an adjustment that can be made to allow (3) classes in the Gestalt when normally there are only (2). I had GM recruiting for Triple Gestalt and another one that was Quadruple for An All Out War with the Dragon Hoard campaign.
No nothing like that at all. It's hard enough to get "2" classes to work let alone four...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Anderlorn

Old May 16th, 2015, 08:20 PM
That's cool Shadow, thanks again! I just wanted too see if there was an adjustment that could be done to allow it. It probably will not be too difficult to add 1 or two more if I use the primary stat classes first, then it just becomes class skills instead of hps, saves, and etc.
Anderlorn is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Rednal

Old June 13th, 2015, 07:19 AM
*Taps chin* You know, for 3+ Class Gestalts... I wonder if we could work with Class Templates somehow using the Editor. Maybe something that grants appropriate class abilities based on HD (1-20), with a note to make any further changes (saves, BAB, etc.) in the adjustments tab...? It'd be kind of rough - and with Archetypes being a thing, maybe it would be best as a set of instructions showing exactly how people could do it themselves - but... maybe I'll look into that.
Rednal is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
fuzzypat

Old July 11th, 2015, 10:27 AM
I found what might be an issue with the way the HL calculates a Monk's Flurry of Blows for a Gestalt Monk.

As a 9th lv Gestalt Character, with 9 of those levels being Monk levels, my base attacks come out as +6/+1.

Flurrying as a monk of 9th level, that should get bumped to +7/+7/+2/+2

HL is showing that my Flurry should be +13/+13/+8/+8/+3.

So, it's showing 5 attacks instead of 4. Maybe whatever check is in the logic that determines what feats a Flurry can pretend to have is miscalculating?

I can't even begin to fathom where the bonuses went off the rails.
Attached Files
File Type: email Illios Harun.por (108.1 KB, 0 views)
fuzzypat is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
Kronicarn88

Old July 14th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Fuzzypat

That could be because after HL adds in your Ability Bonuses and/or Magical Bonuses that it is for some reason taking that as your BAB instead of your adjusted attack. SO it thinks in reality that your BAB is actually +13/+8/+3, and then adds the flurry attacks making it +13/+13/+8/+8/+3.
Im not sure how that would be fixed via the code but ya.
Kronicarn88 is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 23rd, 2015, 09:39 AM
This is a very large thread so forgive me if this is something that has been addressed already.

I have noticed two issues with how gestalt handles CR and APL, The first is that a gestalt character's CR seems to be calculating incorrectly. Lets say I have a gestalt Arcanist/Fighter 5

It seems to be saying that the CR is 14, granted the CR of a gestalted character is considerably higher, this is infact an inaccurate value by ANY reference point. From what I am able to tell it is counting the TOTAL number of levels taken, which would be 15 and subtracting 1. Fair enough, but believe that it would be more accurate to say subtract also the number of levels taken in the "Gestalt" class aswell to bring the total CR down to 9.

Even that CR9 is probably not very accurate because the overall CR depends on what kind of gestalt you've chosen.

For this CR issue there is a fairly easy and straightforward temporary fix. Just use the CR adjustment. But, I am sure that it would probably be possbile to code this as part of the gestalt class.

The second issue I have noticed is when Hero Labs Calculates the MAX gear value (both PC and NPC). The mouseover takes the total level of classes and uses that to calculate the gear value. In this case again, 15.

Which is obviously incorrect, the correct value would actually be 5th level. Because although they level both classes together technically for the purposes of gaming their level is supposed to be that of only one class.

I cant find any way to adjust this. Is there one, I am certain there is a way to say that although the character has taken 15 levels, they are infact only 5 levels.

See attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: png gestalt gear value error.png (33.9 KB, 5 views)
TobyFox2002 is offline   #110 Reply With Quote