Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Dark Trainer

Old March 12th, 2015, 01:50 PM
So I downloaded the recent datafile for 40k 7th edition, and it gives me an error which I found on the site.

However, I can't figure out how to get 3.4c (if I can with an expired license) or what I need to do.

There is no ne7Macros.aug file I can find for 3.4b? Any help?

The error is:

This is the thread I found similar to the error too, but can't find the file it mentions.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?p=204902

Last edited by Dark Trainer; March 12th, 2015 at 02:25 PM.
Dark Trainer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dark Trainer

Old March 12th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Nevermind, seems like 3.4b is dead and I can't get the new one without renewing the license.

Sad day

Pretty upset I spent $40 for the license, and the only thing in that license that was promised was the auto update would cease to work. However, it was in there that we would be able to manually add the data files (this doesn't appear the be the case). Is there a plan to make 1.17 3.4b compliant?

Might be time to go to battlescribe

Last edited by Dark Trainer; March 12th, 2015 at 03:16 PM.
Dark Trainer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 13th, 2015, 12:39 AM
The license is no longer annual, it is perpetual. This changed occurred on 1st August 2013.

Datafile managers aren't going to keep their data files compatible with older versions of the base software when new facilities get added which they can make good use of.

Last edited by Farling; March 13th, 2015 at 12:42 AM.
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
brentil

Old March 13th, 2015, 12:57 PM
The data files for games are not managed by Wolflair but some other group. Find their contact info from the data files and contact them about making their list backward compatible.
brentil is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Trainer

Old March 14th, 2015, 06:22 PM
So if I pay the $25 to update my license, I get free updates for life now? Say 4.0 launches in 3 years, I can get that free? Also the new license means I can use auto update for life too? It's not clear other than saying the license never expires.
Dark Trainer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
So if I pay the $25 to update my license, I get free updates for life now? Say 4.0 launches in 3 years, I can get that free? Also the new license means I can use auto update for life too? It's not clear other than saying the license never expires.
Hi there Dark Trainer! Active Army Builder licenses will no longer require yearly extensions to access program and data file updates for Army Builder 3, which means that you'll be able to use the automatic updates mechanism for those data file updates without renewing. I hope that clarifies things!
liz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote