Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

maatlock

Old August 3rd, 2019, 09:05 PM
Hi folks. I'm a long time user of the HeroLab and want to migrate to HLO-- in fact, I've already mirrored my account on HLO.

The use case I want to execute is this:

My three players and I each can use HLO to keep up with our characters as we play from our own tablets.

How do I do this? Do I need to buy three more accounts and core rulebook purchases? That seems excessive, but I will do it. Can they access their sheet through my account?

Also, I haven't been successful in logging onto HLO from anything other than my current computer, which is what I registered with-- if I'm stuck using my main computer, that's kind of useless, as I will just end up using it to print out paper character sheets.

I might be a little confused, but so far I'm not really seeing how this can be an effective aid-- but I have faith that once someone fills in the missing pieces, it'll be good.

Thanks!
maatlock is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
blkohn

Old August 4th, 2019, 04:10 AM
There is some form group license coming... I heard. So maybe hold off buying.
blkohn is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
inspectah9d9

Old August 11th, 2019, 07:15 AM
I also cannot wait for this feature. Since they changed the way character sheets print out with fewer descriptions for everything, my wife and I are always looking back in the books and searching the web while playing because there's no setting any more to have every detail for everything picked during character creation printed out. I have everything purchased for Starfinder and own the all of the books, but i refuse to buy a second set of everything, its just to much. I have multiple licenses for Herolab classic for this reason but its just taking so long in HLO for something that doesn't seem that difficult to implement, but I don't know how any of it is coded so maybe it is a lot tougher than it sounds to add.
inspectah9d9 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old August 12th, 2019, 11:59 AM
I am definitely looking forward to this feature. It's the promise in the FAQ that got me to sign on to the starfinder and playtest bundles. I'm kind of regretting that now TBH. there has been resounding silence regarding group licenses.
Thrawn82 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old August 13th, 2019, 09:17 AM
per one of the devs on February 15th, 2019:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
Hero Lab Online is a different creature than Hero Lab Classic, so titles of features change as we evolve into a better system. Ultimately, I believe what you are looking for is the group license and we are shooting for late spring early summer for the launch of both group licenses and online player-GM interaction.

I hope that helps!
Obviously we're into late summer already so there's been a delay, but hopefully it'll be implemented soonish.
dacoobob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
markelphoenix

Old August 19th, 2019, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
per one of the devs on February 15th, 2019:

Obviously we're into late summer already so there's been a delay, but hopefully it'll be implemented soonish.
So, August 2019 calling....Neither GM support nor group license? (sigh)
markelphoenix is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
qcgreywolf

Old August 31st, 2019, 06:43 PM
There are so many people banging the “All hail Lone Wolf” and “LWD can do no wrong” drums in the forums. It’s hard to get legitimate concerns across. This post right here... it’s a great example.

LW is selling HLO as a finished, complete product. They have 2 kinda usable systems and are planning on adding a 3rd soon.

HLO is almost a late alpha product and as such a small company, I get why development is going so slowly. But sheesh...
qcgreywolf is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old September 1st, 2019, 01:15 PM
The problem isn't slow development in my mind, the problem is expected delivery dates whiz by (for example, they posted a youtube video regarding Campaign Theater coming out in June) and no one at LW seems to acknowledge this. I think everyone understands the common refrain of "LW is a small company and this is new" by now but for me the problem is exemplified in this thread... 17 days ago dacooboob recognized that we are well past the late spring idea, but did anyone from LW chime in? Looks to me just frustrated paying customers.

Also, looks like SR support coming in soon. Cool in a vacuum, but I'd sure love the basic features they have been promising for quite a while now before they chase yet another system.
magpi is offline   #8 Reply With Quote