Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirunner View Post
Hi,

I have come across this strange behavior in 3.9b + Lawful_G_1.6:
When I enable the "Monster Manual in my hero's config,
the base reflex value of my characters goes up by +2,
which should not happen. Disabling it again brings it back
to the correct value. However the Monster Manual is required
to build characters with non-default races and animal companions.
Could you have a look at this ?

Greetings,
Mathias
I'm seeing the same thing. I'll try to take a look at it.

Update: I have found the source of this issue. In the file "MM - Creature types Compiled.user" each type is having its saving throws calculated. I took a look at the Type-Humanoid script and made one change to the bottom of the second eval script:

Code:
  else
    each.field[rFort].value = round(HD/3, 0, -1)
    each.field[rRef].value = round(HD/2, 0, -1)  + 2
    each.field[rWill].value = round(HD/3, 0, -1)
  endif
Text in italics was removed. It appears there are similar scripts for all types. However, not all types are sourced to the Monster Manual.

Bodrin, I believe this is your code. I am not sure if you intended to have it all sourced or not. I also don't know if there was a reason for the +2. Before I go mucking around with it, do you want to take a look or just let me know what you were looking to do here? I don't have a problem with editing it, but I don't want to ruin anything you may have been trying to do here.

Last edited by Sendric; March 6th, 2012 at 06:30 AM.
Sendric is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old March 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I am having the same issue after realizing that my humans had extra numbers on their reflex saves...Once MM was removed it corrects the error of course, but then my players mounts are hosed.

I really don't want to start fiddling too much with the eval scripts as I will most likely jack something up....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

LordV
LordValerius is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I'm seeing the same thing. I'll try to take a look at it.

Update: I have found the source of this issue. In the file "MM - Creature types Compiled.user" each type is having its saving throws calculated. I took a look at the Type-Humanoid script and made one change to the bottom of the second eval script:

Code:
  else
    each.field[rFort].value = round(HD/3, 0, -1)
    each.field[rRef].value = round(HD/2, 0, -1)  + 2
    each.field[rWill].value = round(HD/3, 0, -1)
  endif
Text in italics was removed. It appears there are similar scripts for all types. However, not all types are sourced to the Monster Manual.

Bodrin, I believe this is your code. I am not sure if you intended to have it all sourced or not. I also don't know if there was a reason for the +2. Before I go mucking around with it, do you want to take a look or just let me know what you were looking to do here? I don't have a problem with editing it, but I don't want to ruin anything you may have been trying to do here.
Not my code. I just started adding the subtypes as text ready for bootstrapping later. I think Lawful_g is the scriptee, however! Maybe nudging in that direction we'll get some insight.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 6th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Sendric, that code was mine. It was there so that races would automatically calculate and increase their saves as they gain extra HD.

What I would do is add that +2 back in, but also have a check before running any of the automatic calculation scripts on the types. If the race has more than 0 racial HD (I can't think of a humanoid with racial HD, but I am sure there must be some), then run the script to calculate the BAB/saves/skill/etc, otherwise don't because they will be defined by class levels (for humans and the like).
Aaron is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 6th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Sendric, that code was mine. It was there so that races would automatically calculate and increase their saves as they gain extra HD.

What I would do is add that +2 back in, but also have a check before running any of the automatic calculation scripts on the types. If the race has more than 0 racial HD (I can't think of a humanoid with racial HD, but I am sure there must be some), then run the script to calculate the BAB/saves/skill/etc, otherwise don't because they will be defined by class levels (for humans and the like).
Ah. My fault then. Sorry, Bodrin.

I'll take a run at this tomorrow, and hopefully have a fix by the end of the day based on your suggestions, Aaron.

As an aside, should all the types and subtypes from that file be sourced to the Monster Manual? Or should they not be sourced at all? It currently appears to be inconsistent as some of the types (5 or 6 off the top of my head) are sourced, but none of the others.
Sendric is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 6th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I'd make them all unsourced unless that causes problems.
Aaron is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 7th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Ok, removed the sources (except the Eberron source for the Deathless type), and added the following statement:

Code:
  ~ Also do nothing if we don't have racial hit dice
   doneif (herofield[tHitDice].value - herofield[tLevel].value = 0)
I don't know if this is the way you are supposed to count racial hit dice, but it seems to be working. Adding the file to the 1.7 dropbox release folder.
Sendric is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 7th, 2012, 09:53 AM
You can also count racial Hit Dice by looking at the race's rHitDice value, or counting the Classes.Race tag on the Hero.
Kendall-DM is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
You can also count racial Hit Dice by looking at the race's rHitDice value, or counting the Classes.Race tag on the Hero.
I tried something similar with rHitDice, but it caused an error. It compiled ok, but gave an error in the portfolio. Since this didn't give an error, and seemed to accomplish the same thing, I went with this. I didn't try the Classes.Race tag though.
Sendric is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Sorry, I should have mentioned, rHitDice is on the BaseRace, so what I've had to do in the past is do a foreach on the BaseRace, and then get the each.field[rHitDice].value to avoid the error. It's much easier just to count the Classes.Race though, since that is on the hero.
Kendall-DM is offline   #40 Reply With Quote