Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MiloTMinderbinder

Old April 22nd, 2016, 09:23 AM
Hello all,

Long time HL Shadowrun user here, first time on the forums.

Anyone have ideas why I'm getting this HL error below when I try to bind a Force 5 Qi focus for Commanding Voice, which I already have from an Initiation/PP? I tried it at Force 5 (as per HL note about level) and Force 4, and have the same error regardless.

"Commanding Voice: The power in this Qi focus has a level (0) less than or equal to that of the adept power it should be increasing (0), so it is not currently applying any effect."
MiloTMinderbinder is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:07 PM
Commanding Voice is a 1 PP power that doesn't have any levels. Why are you trying to bond a focus to give you a power you already have?

You mentioned the note that HeroLab currently tracks Foci as a function of how many levels you want to be at and determines the Force required based on the difference between that level and what the adept currently has. This is the way it is currently interpreted through the HeroLab system.

This has the unfortunate side-effect that if a Focus is not designed for your character you will have error messages about it being at the wrong level. This includes if you already have the power and it does not have any levels. But as the description for Qi Foci specifically points out, if the power is one without levels and you already have the power, there is no benefit for you to use the Focus.

Last edited by Kiirnodel; April 22nd, 2016 at 11:20 PM.
Kiirnodel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old April 26th, 2016, 06:23 AM
he's confused because Catalyst changed Commanding Voice like 3 times before they settled on a version they liked (the original one in Stolen Souls).
adzling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old April 26th, 2016, 11:28 AM
There's that too, but that version isn't a full power point if I remember right.
Kiirnodel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 26th, 2016, 11:34 AM
adzling - he also reported this as a bug report, and I've already worked it out with the original poster. kiirnodel correctly identified the issue - a mis-understanding of how Qi focuses work.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old April 26th, 2016, 12:46 PM
kk cool Mathias.

BTW Kiirnodel just for reference the final version Catalyst settled on costs 1 PP (as you note) and was the original version published first in Stolen Souls.
adzling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote