Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Vampyre

Old May 30th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Hello guys,

In the authoring kit, I try to change the value of the CP for the character creation. It is most likely a calculated value since I can't find anywhere hardcoded.

It is presented on top of the character creation screen and is like this :

Do you guys have any idea where I can modify this value, or where it is defined the attribute costs ?

Many thanks for your help !
Vampyre is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 30th, 2014, 07:10 AM
It's in the source code. I think the file is traits.str
You need to look for it though, it may appear in several locations (anything that decreases your amount would have a script that does the calculations).

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vampyre

Old May 30th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Sir yes sir ! I've yet to find out where exactly this is calculated, but I've already been able to find and change my minimum values, as well as for the cost of those.

But I've yet to find out where it is calculated, since I need to write another similar counter for the abilities (in my games, traits and abilities are two different steps, and need two counters).

But thanks already for the fast spotting !
Vampyre is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 30th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I think the tracker for CP is resCP in thing_miscellaneous.dat

you need to open the source code files and familiarize yourself with what is in them.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Vampyre

Old May 30th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Thank you for the help.

That's was what I was trying to do, but it's not easy tracking down a value without a debugger to see where the call is coming from.

After much research, I finally managed to find out where it was all starting from. It was contained inside the actor.str

Thanks for the help and suggestion
Vampyre is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 30th, 2014, 11:02 PM
You have to explore the files. all the .str files are important.

RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:04 AM
I like to open all .1st, .core, .aug, .def, and .dat files in Notepad++. Then I do File -> Save Session... so I can open them all again easily.

With every file open, it's easy to find what you're looking for with Find All in All Open Documents, and you can even do some refactoring with Replace All in All Open Documents.

As for knowing what you're looking for, if you use Hero Lab's Develop -> Floating Info Windows -> Hero Fields (in this case), you can see that you are most likely looking for "acStartCP"

Using Notepad++ to Find All in All Open Documents reveals 3 locations in which it is used.
- form_config.dat
- thing_miscellaneous.dat
- actor.str

It looks like thing_miscellaneous.dat is setting up the Character Point pool,
actor.str is setting a default value, and
form_config.dat provides the ListOfValues "dropdown" options.

(of course, you'll need to set Language -> XML in Notepad++ to make things pretty)

Last edited by lifer4700; June 2nd, 2014 at 07:10 AM.
lifer4700 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote