Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EmptyOwl

Old August 4th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Hi,

In the Pathfinder 3PP there seem to be a couple bugs:

Dread class Terrors:
- Horrible Strike lists a save DC which is not required or used
- Mindlock should only be able to be taken once; it never disappears off the list
- Persistant Nightmare Form is spelled incorrectly (Persistent); also, its prerequisite (18 Dread levels) is never satisfied
- Nightmare Touch should only be able to be taken once; it never disappears off the list

Feats:
- Multiple Connections should only be able to be taken once; it does not disappear from the list
- Open Door should only be able to be taken once; it does not disappear from the list
- Terror Mastery (a feat for Dreads) has a selection box, but does not require one; should only be able to be taken once, it does not disappear from the list

Appreciate all the hard work and effort going into these packs! I have tried my hand at the editor and the wiki, but I do not understand the scripting/language at any but a superficial level, else I would love to help with some of this simple stuff, so I apologize for complaining about the nitpicky things ;-)
EmptyOwl is offline   #441 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old August 4th, 2015, 08:46 AM
adding them to the bug list.

been trying to look over all the feats cuz there were definitely some 'copy' errors but keep getting sidetracked with other things and i'm only up to letter "I".
psych777 is offline   #442 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 4th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
so I apologize for complaining about the nitpicky things ;-)
As psych777 these have been added to the to-do list. I wanted to say these are not nitpicky and we appreciate friendly bug reports about anything in the Packs. So keep them coming as long as everyone remembers that depending on severity of the issue it could be fixed in the next patch or a few releases down the road.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #443 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old August 4th, 2015, 11:59 AM
In looking through some of the recent additions to the 3PP Pack I discovered that the Rogue Genius Games Bullet Point - New Exotic and Martial Swords has been added. A few things that I've found that don't match up with the items' descriptions and/or table from the source material. I've included what I was able to put together when I was working on this source for my own group. I never did get around to finishing it completely, though, so the Manople and Swordstaff still need some work.

Cinquedea - Is listed as a One-haned Martial weapon when it should be a Light Martial weapon according to the table.

Estoc - The biggest thing is the damage. Right now it is fixed. And I mean fixed... No adjustment for size or ability mod. The thread where Aaron and I hash out the damage for the estoc can be found here. The damage used there may or may not be correct but the method to reach the correct damage is contained within.

The next issue with the estoc is that it functions much like a bastard sword and/or a lance. It functions as a Two-handed Martial weapon, a One-Handed Exotic weapon, and a One-Handed Martial weapon when Mounted.
Code:
Pre-levels  4000
      ~ if we're mounted, we're a one-handed weapon
      if (#hascondition[pstMounted] <> 0) then
        perform tagreplace[wClass.TwoHanded,wClass.OneHanded]
        perform assign[Helper.PowTwoHand]
        perform tagreplace[wProfReq.Exotic,wProfReq.Martial]

~if we're a magic weapon, instead modify our parent
        if (container.ishero = 0) then
          perform parent.tagreplace[wClass.TwoHanded,wClass.OneHanded]
          perform parent.assign[Helper.PowTwoHand]
          perform parent.tagreplace[wProfReq.Exotic,wProfReq.Martial]
          endif
        endif
Executioner's Sword - Is missing the script to negate the attack bonus for charging.
Code:
Post-levels   20001  After: Charging Effects
     ~If Not Charging get out now
      doneif (#hascondition[pstChargin] = 0)

~If charging no attack bonus
      if (#hascondition[pstChargin] <> 0) then
      field[wAttBonus].value -= 2
      endif
Kampilan - Missing the penalty to using two-handed
Code:
Pre-levels   4000
     ~If using 2-handed apply -2 Attack
     If (field[wMenuEquip].value = 3) then
       field[wAttBonus].value -= 2
       endif
Manople - Is being counted as a Longsword. while it is a "longsword-like blade" no where in the description does it convey that it counts as a longsword.
Is missing the +5 to CMD vs. Disarm when equipped.
Code:
First 1000
     ~if equipped give bonus to disarm cmd
      if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
      hero.child[manDisarm].field[cmdBonus].value += field[abValue].value
      endif
Is missing 1.5 x STR Mod when primary weapon, and treated as two-handed for Power Attack damage when primary weapon.

Swordstaff -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstaff
A proficient wielder can switch his grip on a swordstaff as a swift action, changing it from a reach to a nonreach weapon (or back again). A swordstaff may be used as a martial reach weapon. It may also be used as a martial nonreach weapon (using ability to change grip as described above), but attacks made with it as a martial nonreach weapon suffer the normal penalty for attacks made with a nonproficient weapon (-4).
Not sure how to make this all happen for the Swordstaff...

Just trying to do my part to help out!

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #444 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old August 4th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorzatTheGray View Post
In looking through some of the recent additions to the 3PP Pack I discovered that the Rogue Genius Games Bullet Point - New Exotic and Martial Swords has been added. A few things that I've found that don't match up with the items' descriptions and/or table from the source material. I've included what I was able to put together when I was working on this source for my own group. I never did get around to finishing it completely, though, so the Manople and Swordstaff still need some work.

Just trying to do my part to help out!
That came from me and I will freely admit that most of the scripting language unfortunately goes over my head. I thought I had all the descriptions updated, but apparently not. As far as making the weapons do more than just appear, I'm afraid, I'm just not that good with scripts.

Sorry.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #445 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 4th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asandir View Post
That came from me and I will freely admit that most of the scripting language unfortunately goes over my head. I thought I had all the descriptions updated, but apparently not. As far as making the weapons do more than just appear, I'm afraid, I'm just not that good with scripts.

Sorry.
We appreciate you adding this stuff really. I will try and incorporate the stuff from CorzatTheGray as I can this month. I admit this is why somethings we are so slow to get stuff added. A few Eberron feats I was adding the other day took me hours to get scripted and tested. Its not a quick thing to do.

For the future maybe what we should do is put a small note on feats/equipment that are not 100% scripted to let people know. A great first step is getting the stuff in and doing pre-req's. If we have a "to do note" on stuff I can search the files when I have a few minutes and try and add any of the scripts/logic that is missing.

Something like this:
Code:
{b}To Do Note:{/b} This feat is not fully scripted yet and will not actually change your character.
If we always use this {b}To Do Note:{/b} text I can easily grep search that across the .user files to find ones that need to be updated/enhanced.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #446 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old August 4th, 2015, 04:26 PM
i've usually used:
not fully implemented

but i don't always remember to add it...
psych777 is offline   #447 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old August 4th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asandir View Post

Sorry.
No worries man! I certainly didn't intend to come off as accusatory in any way, so no need to apologize. I struggled hard to get those scripts figured out, and I only got 4 1/2 of the six figured out when I was working on it. Life happened and I wasn't able devote time to my favorite hobby until recently and I figured I'd share what I had found out and cobbled together.

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #448 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 6th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Please note: In an effort to consolidate stickies, I created a new "General Hero Lab 7 Community Resources" sticky. After talking to Shadow, this thread is now listed in this sticky, and this thread is no longer sstuck at the top. Hopefully this will keep the forums cleaner moving forward.
liz is offline   #449 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 6th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Please note: In an effort to consolidate stickies, I created a new "General Hero Lab 7 Community Resources" sticky. After talking to Shadow, this thread is now listed in this sticky, and this thread is no longer sstuck at the top. Hopefully this will keep the forums cleaner moving forward.
Sweet! Thanks Liz!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #450 Reply With Quote