Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

gaffneyks

Old December 20th, 2016, 07:14 PM
I have been holding off buying Realm Works till I saw what the content market had for 5th edition. I have hero lab and love it and was hoping to be able to use the two hand in hand.

Did I see that right? 3 modules (2 pathfinder and 1 generic). Nothing for 5th Edition players?

Will all the modules available from Fantasy Grounds I had just assumed, incorrectly i guess, that Realm Works would offer the same content for 5th edition.

We actually play and use miniatures and I really didn't want to move to using a virtual tabletop. But if using Realm Works for 5th Edition is going to require me to manually add everything. While Fantasy Grounds allows me to buy content to avoid having to manually add a large portion of the content. Sadly, the choice is pretty much made for me.
gaffneyks is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old December 20th, 2016, 07:59 PM
I'm sure LWD would love to offer content for D&D 5e. However, I'm not sure Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast have given them the license to do so.

I am reasonably sure that LWD will provide for sale the D&D 5e SRD once it is ready. But I don't know if that will be available the first day the content market launches.
Viking2054 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 20th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Keep in mind that Realm Works will largely be handling the world and the story.

Which means we can take PF content and link the monsters to 5e monsters.

I'm sure it wont be that easy. But we can absolutely use PF content to our advantage.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 20th, 2016, 08:29 PM
What we announced were the three things we'd be giving away for FREE. No details on the launch lineup for the Content Market have been announced yet. There will be a fair amount of stuff available.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old December 21st, 2016, 03:51 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Let's keep it PG shall we? :)
Pollution is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Gwydion

Old December 22nd, 2016, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post

WARNING!!!: I ONLY KNOW WHAT I HAVE DONE, I DON'T WORK FOR LWD, I DON'T HAVE A SECRET TELEPATHIC LINK TO ROB OR BJ OR ANYONE AT LWD. THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS 100% TRUE AND ACCURATE, BUT DOES NOT COME FROM SOME SUPER-SECRET-MYSTERY-SOURCE-OF-INFORMATION!!!
LOL. Love the disclaimer! Also good to hear on the 5e stuff. Given that's all I play and I own FG, HL and RW, that makes me excited and a bit misty.

Get well soon, Rob!
Gwydion is offline   #6 Reply With Quote