Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2016, 04:12 PM
In order to fix some bugs, I've ended up making some changes to how average/maximum hp (including PFS characters) will be displayed in the next update, so I wanted to notify everyone this is coming, so that it's not a surprise - this may end up correcting some hp totals that had been incorrect, but were not flagged as errors.

This fixes a variety of hp-related bugs:
  • If the average or maximum HP rules were in use, and additional HD were added to a monster with racial HD, the number of hit points listed on the race would change to be the average/max hp for the new HD total, which should not be the case, because the new hp for the new HD are stored on that Additional HD entry, meaning that in this case, a creature ended up with too many hp.
  • If the average or maximum HP rules were in use, and the HD size for a monster changed (for example, because a template changed the creature's Type to one with a different HD size), the racial hp and hp on additional HD would not be recalculated. Note that this change has only been applied to NPCs - PCs may still set their hp as they choose, even if they use the convenience of having their hp default to the average values.
  • The hp of a template with its own HD were not altered by turning on the average or maximum hp optional rules. This has been changed, so that like the hp of a race, the hp of a template are auto-calculated if one of those rules is turned on.
  • For the animal companion/eidolon of a PFS character, the hp of the minion's HD were not always arranged in the proper order to calculate the average rolls for those hit dice, which could lead to incorrectly calculated hp totals.
Okay, so what this means is that if you've got average/maximum hp turned on for a character, or this is a society character, there will no longer be any edit boxes showing on the classes tab - the hp entries for everything on the Classes tab will always be fixed numbers.

The attachments to this thread include a before and after picture of an NPC's classes tab - this one shows the fixes for the first and second issues. I'm sorry that the "(d8)" got removed - I hadn't noticed that part before writing this thread, and I'll get that fixed before release. The second set of images show the classes tab on the mount of one of my own PFS characters - the fourth issue in that bug list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HD changes #1 after.jpg (8.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HD changes #1 before.jpg (9.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg PFS Animal Companion Changes before.jpg (12.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg PFS Animal Companion Changes after.jpg (12.0 KB, 16 views)
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 9th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Is this going to change anything for characters that aren't NPCs or PFS?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Is this going to change anything for characters that aren't NPCs or PFS?
No, shouldn't change anything for any other characters.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 9th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
No, shouldn't change anything for any other characters.
*whew*
Thanks!
(I have a House Rule on Hit Points, and the easiest way to handle it was to set the PCs to Average Hit Points and do a little editing if needed. I may have to redo NPCs from here on out, but I usually adjust them some anyway.)

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 10th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Appreciate the info.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote