Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Dunkin

Old April 15th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Going for a more heightened multi-sensory experience, I took a chance and tried Realm Works with Syrinscape.

Wow! Awesome!

Adds a whole new level to the game. Loving it. Highly recommend it. If you set it up in advance, you'll have much less maintenance needed during the game. Plus, it fits in with the preplanning methodology that Realm Works really excels at.

The only one drawback is that I'm now just a tad concerned because I cannot imagine playing the game without either Realm Works or Syrinscape.
Dunkin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 16th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Interesting. I'm been thinking about this ever since it was announced and there was a good discussion here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53480

How much "fiddling around" do you need to do with Syrinscape during the game? If you have the file in RW and click "play" after opening the topic, do you still need to interact with the Syrinscape interface at all?

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old April 16th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
How much "fiddling around" do you need to do with Syrinscape during the game? If you have the file in RW and click "play" after opening the topic, do you still need to interact with the Syrinscape interface at all?
Good question, that would interest me too. It sounds great in theory, but the videos look like it needs a lot of attention and frankly I don't need much more distraction while running a game. My brain is working hard enough to keep up with the harebrained schemes of my players ;-)
Merion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old April 17th, 2016, 07:00 AM
I have used Syrinscape with Realmworks and it works fine.

I set up the soundscapes before the session and just clicked the link inside Realmworks to play it.

No screwing around in-session at all.
adzling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote