Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Dunkin

Old March 14th, 2016, 05:04 PM
O.k. first off, this tool is pretty awesome. I'm still bending my mind around it's functionality, but what I've done so far has me excited to dig in deeper. Super happy there's a tool like this out on the market.

Are there places to see examples of other people's work/organization in RW? I know we'll see a lot of this exposed from the content market when it comes out, but in the meantime, I'd love to see some nice examples if anyone has any favored links.
Dunkin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
craghammer

Old March 17th, 2016, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkin View Post
O.k. first off, this tool is pretty awesome. I'm still bending my mind around it's functionality, but what I've done so far has me excited to dig in deeper. Super happy there's a tool like this out on the market.

Are there places to see examples of other people's work/organization in RW? I know we'll see a lot of this exposed from the content market when it comes out, but in the meantime, I'd love to see some nice examples if anyone has any favored links.
Do a search on the forum and on the net, and you can find a few examples
craghammer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dunkin

Old March 17th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Thanks craghammer. In the days past, I've done this and gotten excellent examples.

For new people starting out in RW, I think the biggest obstacle is simply putting that first character/location/group into RW. After that, the other bits of information come a whole lot easier. Soon, like reading the Matrix code, all the relationships just start to flow together.

The beauty of RW is that it's all interchangeable. So as long as you put information in, you can adjust it after the fact at any point.

I'm starting off with some published content. At first, I was picking here and there little pockets of information to insert into RW and it felt slightly overwhelming for that point. The epiphany happened when I realized that I simply needed to copy and paste the entire module into the source. From there, it's incredibly easy to break it down and organize it into logical and relational chunks.

I assume this is where the beauty of the Content Market will come into play.

The funny thing is, RW could also be valuable for creating the backstory and lore for a book. Could you imagine Game of Thrones books converted into Realm Works?
Dunkin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 17th, 2016, 03:31 PM
RW presents the classic dilemma, the blank slate. What you do it with it is completely up to you and there really is no right or wrong way.

RW would make an excellent way to track the lore for a book or series of books. That has been discussed around here a number of times.
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 17th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Start with the Spotlight Series that RealmWorks has put up on YouTube. Next, you can look at the most recent Gencon video.

There are a number of great threads in the forums, but it can be a slog to wade through them. Two good places to start:

RealmWorks for Dummies
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=52908

I Want to See a Complex Realm
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...t=52565&page=2

Also, feel free to take screen shots and post them to the forum for feedback.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #5 Reply With Quote