Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GThiel

Old October 5th, 2014, 06:29 AM
Saturday the 4th, I installed the latest version 1019 and then ran a gaming session.

Afterwards, when I tried to sync to the cloud, I got the following error message
"Sync failed witherror code: -500"

Is anyone else getting this? Any suggestions on what to do now? I can't delete the local version, because all the changes in the database that occurred during to session would be lost (I think) and wouldn't want to try to redo them from memory.

Thanks in advance
Jerry
GThiel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Submit a support ticket. In addition, put your realm somewhere that we can download it and include a link to it within the support ticket. That way, we can look at what went wrong in the server logs and specifically look at your realm to see exactly what's triggering the problem. With that, we should hopefully be able to either identify and fix the bug in the next few days or manually patch your database to get you back and running smoothly again.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old October 5th, 2014, 07:31 AM
I found where to submit bug report, but how/where do I "put my realm somewhere" where you can download it?
GThiel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Indus101

Old October 5th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I've been having this same problem for a while.

(my previous thread on this issue: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50567)

Rob, I submitted a ticket, but didn't realize I was supposed to be sending you my database also. Should I make a new bug report then?
Indus101 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 5th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GThiel View Post
I found where to submit bug report, but how/where do I "put my realm somewhere" where you can download it?
Google drive is best IMO.
Pollution is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old October 5th, 2014, 11:34 AM
While I've been a programmer for 30+ years starting with basic and fortran and cobol, I've not heard of Google Drive :-)

How am I to use it to send database for error checking?
Jerry
GThiel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 5th, 2014, 01:02 PM
You can copy the file onto a cloud storage service (e.g. google drive, onedrive, dropbox) and then you can create a link for somebody else to be able to download the file from that cloud service.
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2014, 01:17 PM
What @Farling outlined is the way that users have been sending their database to us for analysis. Most of them are free services at a level more than sufficient for getting your database to us. If that's not an option, please inform tech support and we'll try to figure out an alternative solution for you.

There is no need to submit a new support ticket. Instead, simply reply to the email you received when you first submitted the bug and include the new information (i.e. download link). That way, the new information will be tied to the original bug and we'll be able to associate them cleanly.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Indus101

Old October 5th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Hmmm....I never received an email response though I submitted the bug report over a month ago (on Sept. 3rd), so maybe I should submit it again anyway?

I have a dropbox account, so I'll link my realm through there.
Indus101 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Whenever you submit a bug report, a support ticket is generated and a reply with the ticket number is emailed to you. If you didn't receive one, we either never got the bug report or the automated reply email was unfortunately treated as span on your end.

Go ahead and submit the bug report again. Please indicate in the report when you originally submitted the first report so we can investigate what happened there. And if you don't receive the automatic reply email, be sure to check your spam.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote