Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

rlane187

Old October 22nd, 2020, 12:49 PM
Has anyone else run into an issue where they are cannot add any more skills to the skills table (Lore skills)?

I have added 9 and could add another but Hero Lab Online will not let me.

Is this a game mechanic of which I am not aware or is this just Hero Lab not allowing the collection to be as large as is possible under the current system?
rlane187 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 22nd, 2020, 01:02 PM
Could you give us more idea of what sort of character you're trying to build? What sort of character design makes you want to add more than 9 lores to the character - do you have enough skill choices to make yourself trained in all of those, or is there another reason you're adding them?

The storage space for the information on skills balloons with more skills allowed, and Hero Lab Online is a shared resource, so we had thought that 9 would be sufficient for users (9 lores plus the fixed 16 skills is 25 of them). So I'd like to understand the case for expanding this.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rlane187

Old October 22nd, 2020, 08:53 PM
I program myself and as soon as I saw there was a limit, I figured that was why. Some troll might automate making characters with 50,000 skills to try to ruin everyone else's game, so I get that you need a limit.

I wanted to build out an idea of an Elf Wizard with a Druid Dedication they get through Ancient Elf. I was running him up to 20 to get an idea of what you have to sacrifice to use that dedication. A level 20 Elf Wizard with Nexian Mystic and Ancient Elf game me room for more than 9 additional lore skills. I could have taken a few more but I trained diplomacy and some other fluff. Honestly, I could have had 12 lores if I had wanted them.
rlane187 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2020, 07:21 AM
Ok, thanks for the info. I'm adding a card to our to-do list to reconsider this limit and I'll copy your case for why. Increasing it 2 or 3 spaces is probably not a big deal.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
12hourhalfday

Send a message via AIM to 12hourhalfday

Old August 19th, 2022, 01:27 PM
I'd like to comment on this too. A GM I play with is running a campaign that uses lore a lot. I wanted to make a truly epic lore master who spams additional lore to have lists of lore skills. A super scholar. I have to track it on paper because of the table limit. I understand the reason for the limitation but I would like to have a way to list skills in herolab that go past the limit. Maybe a notes field for skills once the limit is reached.
12hourhalfday is offline   #5 Reply With Quote