Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

zsebree

Old June 24th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Is there anyway to get the thumbnail on smart image to update to the picture that has been revealed? Even when fully revealed it just shows up as a map with am x on it when I am in player view. Would prefer that the players be able to see the revealed picture in the thumbnail like it does with the regular image snippets if that is possible.
zsebree is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old June 24th, 2016, 11:37 PM
I have it working as you describe it. I am not aware of making it work in any other way.

I can understand the technical reasons for it; it takes some code and man hours to have the icon being re-generated every time you change something in the reveal of the map. And probably for very little payoff.

But it would be a nice touch to have it work as you describe it. :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zsebree

Old June 25th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Alrighty, thank you! I'm using a smart image that has all the outer and inner planes so I'm pinning all of these different planes for the players to look at. Just wanted to be able to change that thumbnail to something else, dunno why but the map and red x just bug me from a cosmetic standpoint. No biggie though!
zsebree is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 27th, 2016, 09:44 AM
We'd like to enhance this in the future. Right now the simple solution we use on the GM side (just showing the whole revealed map as the thumbnail) wouldn't work for players. We know what we want to do on the player side of things (dynamically generate an appropriately masked thumbnail). However, right now we're focused on delivering the Content Market, so this item is on the back burner.
Joe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zsebree

Old June 27th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Good to know! Keep up the great work guys! This program gave me the inspiration I needed to build my own custom world. Such a helpful tool for GMs!
zsebree is offline   #5 Reply With Quote