Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LDD

Old February 27th, 2015, 09:31 AM
I would like to change the user account that RW remembers. I've upgraded from the Player Edition to GM, but I cannot use the GM features because that's tied to the account.

I cannot create a new account, because that's tied into the RW client not knowing your account when you first run it. There seems to be nothing in account management to change or delete an account. I cannot type in a different account name in the login dialog even if I had one. I need to eliminate RW's knowledge of my account information.

Uninstall and reinstall does not delete this information.

Other threads have suggested that multiple users can use RW on the same machine. Hence, the info is stored per user. I found the <user>/My Documents/Realm Works directory. Renaming that directory did not allow me to create a new account; RW still knew about the old one.

My preferred solution would keep my current account name (and thus realm invites, databases, etc) and just change the feature authentication associated with it.

Failing that, what do I need to delete so that I can abandon the existing account, register a new, second, account (no doubt with a different name), log into RW with that, give it my GM edition license key, and go about my business?
LDD is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Hey there LDD! It sounds like you purchased GM Edition already, is that correct? In the future (we don't have an ETA right now), users will be able to upgrade from Player Edition to GM Edition and keep their username (likely for a reduced cost). Unfortunately, that's not currently possible.

If you don't want to wait, that's fine. However, you will need to have a different username and receive new invites for any games you're playing in. To do that, you'd need to go to C>Users>Owner>AppData>Roaming>LWD Technology, Inc>Realm Works. Remove all of the files within that folder. I am paranoid, so I usually just move it to a separate folder rather than out-right deleting. Once that's cleared, you should be able to create a new account using GM Edition.

If you'd like to wait for the upgrade capabilities, that works too. You can contact support and request a refund for GM Edition (as long as your purchase was within 60 days).

I hope that clarifies things!
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LDD

Old February 27th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Hey there LDD! It sounds like you purchased GM Edition already, is that correct?
Yes, I already bought the GM version. (Just the regular cart purchase. There's a FAQ that says there's not a reduced-price kind of upgrade, and my Player license was from a player pack anyway.)

Quote:
go to C>Users>Owner>AppData>Roaming>LWD Technology, Inc>Realm Works. Remove all of the files within that folder. I am paranoid, so I usually just move it to a separate folder rather than out-right deleting.
Thanks; that did the trick.

(I like to rename, myself. Though moving is good to make really sure the old stuff is out of reach. Also, if you FAQ-ify the answer, you might add a note that AppData is a hidden directory and maybe even link to instructions for showing hidden folders.)

Quote:
If you'd like to wait for the upgrade capabilities...
Luckily, I'm new enough that it won't cost much in the way of player data. I can live with a wart on the end of my username.

Thanks for the help!
LDD is offline   #3 Reply With Quote