Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jaynay27

Old August 26th, 2014, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I'm a supporter, but I also have my limits.... An extra month of d20pro isn't quite enough bang for the buck for me. Especially since the roadmap that's been up for months states 2014 for almost all of the items to be implemented whereas the release is slated for early 2015 at the earliest which means summer more than likely.

They need to make pre-release a this-year affair for me to bite that bullet.
I do agree with you on that point, but on the flip side, it is nice to see a RPG project where the first decent backer level is <$100 (and in this case, well under!).
Jaynay27 is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 26th, 2014, 04:09 AM
They just re-ordered the goals!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tabletop/posts

Shadow casting is probably the bigger of the goals and the one most wanted to see, so they listened even putting it ahead of the multi screen/touch which is what Mesa Mundi wants for their hardware tie ins. Very nice to see them listen to what people wanted most.

Down side is Unilimited Campaigns got the boot two goals up, I was really looking to that one, but I understand the change. they are on track to come very close to that goal anyway.
Exmortis is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old August 26th, 2014, 06:27 AM
nice. glad that they answered your question about RW integration, as my first worry was that would be pushed out due to the reordering. Glad to see it's a priority regardless.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 26th, 2014, 11:28 AM
@Jaynay27: Arrgh, stop talking sense! I need to just get over it. Every dollar gets me closer to RW integration.
AEIOU is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynay27 View Post
I do agree with you on that point, but on the flip side, it is nice to see a RPG project where the first decent backer level is <$100 (and in this case, well under!).
Really? I don't think I've spent $100 on a crowd-funded RPG project.

(Checks Kickstarter.)

I guess there's two, as I've bought into Bones I and II. There's plenty of RPG book projects where I've bought PDF collections for much less than $100, and I'd call those decent.

Last edited by Parody; August 26th, 2014 at 03:13 PM.
Parody is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old August 26th, 2014, 02:58 PM
I'm a bit miffed that multi-touch as a stretch goal. Seriously, now many people does this affect, I suspect barely a handful of people will be able to afford or even want their screen.

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 26th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
I'm a bit miffed that multi-touch as a stretch goal. Seriously, now many people does this affect, I suspect barely a handful of people will be able to afford or even want their screen.
Obviously it'll be more if their app supports multi-touch. :)

Parody is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 26th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Multi-touch may not be needed by many today. But as Windows 8.1/9/whatever rolls on, methinks it will become more common. And after they implement for tablets, it'll definitely be useful.

When I replace my 20" monitor for my game table, I'm thinking of a touch screen. Maybe I can get rid of the player mouse....
AEIOU is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old August 26th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Really? I don't think I've spent $100 on a crowd-funded RPG project.

(Checks Kickstarter.)

I guess there's two, as I've bought into Bones I and II. There's plenty of RPG book projects where I've bought PDF collections for much less than $100, and I'd call those decent.
Yeah - being an Aussie who loves physical products is a curse
'Decent' probably wasn't the right word to use because the pdf content is the same....hmmm, not sure what word would fit actually

Projects like Rappan Athuk & Rise of the Drow (and the NWOD stuff) make it hard to go digial only - I just love the physical products.

And the Bones, Oh, the bones (But our whole group went in on that, so it was only $55 each).

But that's all my choice I guess...with RW and D20pro breaking new grounds in terms of digital content and distribution, PDFs might be more attractive to me to avoid breaking the bank.

Not ragging on KS or anything either - I don't mind the crowd-funding model at all (and I think it is particularly good for encouraging smaller companies to produce products for niche markets, like RPGs).

Last edited by Jaynay27; August 26th, 2014 at 11:24 PM.
Jaynay27 is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 27th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post

BoomerET
Around my groups table? we have have 6 touch screen enabled devices in use (3 Icraps, touch screen lappy, aq Surface Pro 2 and a Surface Pro 3) so my group would benefit. On top of that Mesa Mundi is in that business, and think tourneys, renting a touch enabled play surface(s) to run them on.

Also think beyond VTT for RPGs, the unlimited rules engine would allow a company to sell their board game on the D20Pro market place, again for tourneys, events, having touch enabled screen(s) would be useful.

Their thinking and planning bigger and beyond the simple VTT for D&D and/or PF.
Exmortis is offline   #50 Reply With Quote